Styling Seicento side strips.Help.

Currently reading:
Styling Seicento side strips.Help.

not too sure tbh.

OZ seicento is planning to do something similar, maybe you could PM and ask.

I would have thought some sort of sealant like tiger seal at a pure guess

I removed mine.
(99 Sei - so it's just the stickers.

The hole that's left doesn't bother me.

looks a lot better than those stupid strips

Pras83 said:
The hole that's left doesn't bother me.

looks a lot better than those stupid strips

Arent you bothered about water running into the hole??

Gusfree said:
Any ideas on how to get them off without marking the paint ?

GusFree

Just boil kettle and trickle over just to loosen the glue a bit and then pull it off, you will probably find it'll leave some sticky residue that'll need cleaning off afterward. Many ways to get that off. I myself used turps. Please wash the car straight away if you use turps though.
Me thinks turps + paint + a bit of time = :cry: .

AppleSei said:
Arent you bothered about water running into the hole??

So far no water got into it... It would have to be raining sideways for that:p

Then again I don't know what exactly is behind that hole / how big the hollow space is

If some one could tell me an easy &quick fix, I'd do it.

I saw a guy on eBay selling some plugs for those holes for about £3. But it's not on there anymore

Pras83 said:
So far no water got into it... It would have to be raining sideways for that:p

Thers a process called surface run off, I would get them bunged up for sake of 3 quid :)

they got drain holes if any water gets inside, s, sx seicentos came with little rubber things to cover up the holes, they also act as a door guard

another way is to use a hairdryer and an old credit card, anything hot to loosen the glue will do

to remove the residue i used scratch remover as it is slightly abrasive so took sticky bits with it

if you are going to paint them, then it might be easier to leave them on the car, i say this because as they rubber they might flex when you put them back on and crack the paint

Pras83 said:
If some one could tell me an easy &quick fix, I'd do it.

I saw a guy on eBay selling some plugs for those holes for about £3. But it's not on there anymore

Go to a nearby guy who does vynils (spelling:confused: ) for cars etc, ask for a tiny offcut of colour like your car and just stick a little round bit over the hole (or make a little design to go over it, i got little 73's over mine, can kinda see it in my sig)

Good Idea!

I still have some SUZUKI Vinyls laying around from my bike.

Will stickthem on :D

Back