Technical Seicento now dies after 20 mins driving help

Currently reading:
Technical Seicento now dies after 20 mins driving help

My seicento now starts up fine and drive perfect for about 20 to 30 mins then will not rev,, i put my foot down it kangaroos cannot hera it revving then cuts out....turn key starts again on the button standing still revs ok put it in gear start to drive off ,,the starts to kangaroo again .splatters then dies...leave for about 1 hour start it and ok to drive again for another 30 mins or so please help

Mine is just in front of the drivers side rear wheel but I think some are under the centre of the car. Mine is the plastic type but they can also look like a silver coke can.

Attachments

• fuel-filter.jpg
    fuel-filter.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 13
Brilliant thanks for that,i will change that and the ht leads i think it maybe the filter as the day it started playing up i had parked on a steep slope and all the petrol went to one side,and wouldnt start so maybe dragged up all the crap in the tank

do you have water in your engine coolant?? my freinds did this when he had no water in there and it overheated, engine just dies. no warning lights as there is no water to turn them on.

Fuel filter sounds most likely, the other one I have found before is a blocked breather on the fuel tank causing a vacuum to build up in the tank.

When it stops, take the fuel cap off. If there is a massive rush of air and it then starts, could be that.

Also, when its stopped, check that you are still getting a spark.

Another option is a faulty temp sender that goes out of range at a set temperature.

Again worth a check, particularly when its stopped.

Cheers

SPD

Ok think the fuel filter is built into the tank/pump as i cant find it its 2001 seicento 1.1 it could be the temp sender as it seems to do it after or just before the fan kickis in once it has colled it doesnt cause a problem

where abouts can i find the temp sender thanks

Fuel filter sounds most likely, the other one I have found before is a blocked breather on the fuel tank causing a vacuum to build up in the tank.

When it stops, take the fuel cap off. If there is a massive rush of air and it then starts, could be that.
SPD

arent the tanks pressurised anyway? isnt that a requirement of the evap purge system?

listen out for the fuel pump priming when it breaks down listen to see if its struggling more than when it started.

fuel pump primes nicely,im convinced its something to do with the temperature as it runs fine until it start to get hot,then it starts to play up,i turn it off then let it cool down for 10 mins then start it and drive it fine ok for 5 mins until hot again then same symptoms no power when pushing the accelorator pedel ,little kangaroo ,a miss fire then cuts out,,,driving me mad now

Ive not cjecked that will do,,,fan does come on etc but just because it comes on probly doesnt mean water circulating,,,,whats the best way to check that

Whwn its warm it runs and drives very smooth idles at about 700rpm ,,its strange as up until the point where it does start to play up it sounds and drives fantastic ,,there is no warning just does it out of the blue

The engine light comes on when it conks out along with the battery light,,the engine managment light has been on since i bought it the guy i bought it off said he ran out of petrol and the lights been on since,,but not sure if that has anything to do with it as its always been running fine even with that light on,,,plus i cant find anywhere that got a machine to plug into it

Back