Seicento MPI Amp install

Currently reading:
Seicento MPI Amp install

Stuey3D

I have a 2001 seicento MPI which my mother in law has given me, now when I got the car it only had the basic Sony cassette head unit and polish dashboard speakers which sounded ****e lol.

I have now replaced the head unit with an all singing all dancing iPod compatible and Bluetooth Sony MEX-BT3800U which was a huge improvement in itself.

In the dash I have EDGE ED204 3way coaxial speakers, and in the boot mounted in wooden enclosures I have VIBE SLICK 69.3 6x9 speakers

Now I am happy with the sound it produces however I would like more volume as when I start to crank it up it distorts that little bit too early and I just yearn for that little extra volume.

Im thinking of maybe having a VIBE SLICK A1 4 channel amp installed just to help with the volume side of things.

Questions are:

How easy will it be to install in a 2001 seicento MPI, the head unit has a remote wire for amps to make it a bit easier.

Where is the best place to mount it, I'm thinking back of the back seats.

What is involved in the install, am I talking ripping out seats and carpet or can I tuck the wires into trim panels etc. I think the hardest part maybe getting the wires for the front speakers into the dash area as I imagine that may need to be pulled out to gain access.

Now the limit of my car install expertise is running speaker wire from head unit to the boot for the rear speakers, I am really scared of knackering my car and existing set up so I am thinking of getting it installed by a local ICE shop, anyone have any ideas on how much this may cost and can anyone recommend anyone in Northampton area to do this.

Now the big question is will the amp make a great deal of difference, I like the sound the set up produces at the moment I just need more volume before it distorts. I don't wanna win any max power sound competitions I just want volume and a half decent sound for the hour long commute to work.

Oh before anyone suggests subs etc, bear in mind I am on a budget and I need to keep as much space as I can in the car as I have an 8 month old daughter who gets transported in it so I need boot space for pram etc. Currently the 6x9s are in enclosures in the boot and I can still get the pram in on top which is nice.

Thanks for looking

Stu

Back