DMX7018DABS - Anyone installed in a 500?

Currently reading:
DMX7018DABS - Anyone installed in a 500?

OliMan74

Hi all,

I bought a double din kit which included the CTMULTILEAD.2. I've tried connecting it with just the 3.5mm jack and with just the Key1 wire (cutting the Green and Orange wires).

I cannot get it to work, been on with Connects2 and the company I bought it from, no joy.

Neither of them appeared to know that the Kenwood DMX7018DABS comes with both 3.5mm and single wire steering wheel controls.

If I connect it via the 3.5mm jack and ensure the Green, Orange & Purple wires are linked then ONLY the Windows button and the Telephone button on the steering wheel work but they both perform the same function i.e. the Kenwood see both as the same button when either is pressed.

If I connect it with just the Key1 wire and break the Green and Orange wires (3.5mm disconnected) then absolutely nothing happens with any of the steering wheel buttons.

In both cases the Kenwood powers on and is fully functional. I tried connecting up the original headunit and the steering wheel buttons all work fine.

Has ANYONE installed this into a Fiat 500 or, am I the only person in the world to do this!!

I hope you can help guys.

Back