Do I need amp for those speakers or not? Help please.

Currently reading:
Do I need amp for those speakers or not? Help please.

htchd7

I am more the engine guy than the music man. So I need help.

I bought my Seicento with JVC KD-G333 4x50W player installed.
It is connected on front standard speakers.

Also, previous owner had installed JBL Gto936e speakers on the dash behind rear seats (rear shelve) and Xplod 444w amp (xm-444w)- I got them unmounted in the boot when I bought the car.
6722317418.jpg

Before I bought the car, someone had cut the wires that connect player to amp and amp to speakers, and I don't know if there was a subwoofer or not.

I know how to do the wireing, by reading instructions, what I don't know is this:

Do I need to connect amp to the player for these JBL Gto936 speakers, or I can connect speakers to the player without amp?

Here are my amp, speaker and player specs:

Attachments

• amp.jpg
    amp.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 31
  • ampp.jpg
    ampp.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 34
  • plejer.jpg
    plejer.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
You can connect the speakers directly to the stereo, but without a separate amp the speakers will only be working at about 20% of their potential.
Thank you so much...then amp it is.
I will connect speakers on the rear output.
Can you tell me are those setings ok for my speakers?
HPF(80hz) ON
LPF (80hz) OFF
And those Levels, one under HPF, I think that it is front level, around middle, and level under Lpf, I think it is rear level is bit more to max from the middle.1536141455080.jpeg

HPF filters out higher frequencies, it's usually used when you want a very bass-heavy output, I'd recommend keeping it OFF.
The LEVEL dials will allow you balance the front and rear speakers when you are using all 4 outputs on the amp, adjust to suit your own preference.

HPF filters out higher frequencies, it's usually used when you want a very bass-heavy output, I'd recommend keeping it OFF.
The LEVEL dials will allow you balance the front and rear speakers when you are using all 4 outputs on the amp, adjust to suit your own preference.
I need bit more help. I searched the forum, but no answer.

Please. I have mounted the amp on the back seat, I have wired all up, but I can't find a good bolt in the trunk where to connect - (ground) for the amp. Can you please suggest the spot?

I don't want to drill new hole for that.

The + connector on the battery has two leads, bolts with connected wires. I can wire my + for the amp on any of those two?

I can't wait to try it up tomorrow.
I will post all the photos tomorow, if someone need them in the future.

Last edited:
I need bit more help. I searched the forum, but no answer.

Please. I have mounted the amp on the back seat, I have wired all up, but I can't find a good bolt in the trunk where to connect - (ground) for the amp. Can you please suggest the spot?

I don't want to drill new hole for that.

The + connector on the battery has two leads, bolts with connected wires. I can wire my + for the amp on any of those two?

I can't wait to try it up tomorrow.
I will post all the photos tomorow, if someone need them in the future.
Don't know the car personally but seatbelt mounting bolts or boot latch bolts come to mind

Boot latch didn't came on my mind. I tought seat belts too, but trunk carpet is glued on the rear seat, so when you fold it down, you have flat flor, and I can't get to the seatbelts, and seatbelts mechanism is inside left and right boot panels. Thanks, nice idea.

I wanted to use rear factory ground, I found it in Sei manual, on explofed view, somewere bellow left back light, but I can't find it in the car.

Last edited:
Seicento Sporting Abarth. A bought Ground Zero wires amp kit. I have for xm-444w Sony amp. Ground cable is around 80cm long. But I can't find any sutable place for the ground. If it is possible without drilling the body.

Seicento Sporting Abarth. A bought Ground Zero wires amp kit. I have for xm-444w Sony amp. Ground cable is around 80cm long. But I can't find any sutable place for the ground. If it is possible without drilling the body.
I connected all, only ground is left. I will take a photo tommorow.IMG-4048dd20393c8172278672e7d4038ada-V.jpegIMG_20180910_145141.jpeg

Update: I need to sort out wires, to make them look bit better. I have connected ground on bolt behind rear seat holder. I scraped a bit of paint to make better contact to the car body.

Update: I need to sort out wires, to make them look bit better. I have connected ground on bolt behind rear seat holder. I scraped a bit of paint to make better contact to the car body.
Here are the photos, someone might find it helpful. Speakers are connected in bridge (btl) mode (2x222w max, 2x80w rms...speakers are 100w rms and 300w max).

Hope you like it. :D

I am having problems with my phone when I try to upload photos, so I must write seperate post. :(IMG_20180929_165027.jpegIMG_20180929_165035.jpegIMG_20180929_165052.jpegIMG_20180929_165059.jpegIMG_20180929_165112.jpegIMG_20180929_165126.jpegIMG_20180929_165137.jpeg

Last edited:
Here are the photos, someone might find it helpful. Speakers are connected in bridge (btl) mode (2x222w max, 2x80w rms...speakers are 100w rms and 300w max).

Hope you like it. :D

I am having problems with my phone when I try to upload photos, so I must write seperate post. :(View attachment 194485View attachment 194486View attachment 194487View attachment 194488View attachment 194489View attachment 194490View attachment 194491

good job,
I see that you carry light in the trunk? Is it standard?

good sound work.
I see that you light in the trunk of the car. Is it standard?

Last edited:
Yes it is all standard, it lights up when you open the door... I can take better photo if you need it.
As for the trunk, I don't have rear wiper, or instalation, I have plastic cover on the 5th door so I think that might be standard to...that is what I need to sort out in the trunk too.

Yes it is all standard, it lights up when you open the door... I can take better photo if you need it.
As for the trunk, I don't have rear wiper, or instalation, I have plastic cover on the 5th door so I think that might be standard to...that is what I need to sort out in the trunk too.

mine does not have, but I'll look if it has pre-installation.
weird that does not have wipers, I guess they put a basic seicento door, although it does not look like

Last edited:
Back