Seicento Meta System Alarm Problems

Currently reading:
Seicento Meta System Alarm Problems

thetominator1982

Hi all, this is my first post so please forgive me if its in the wrong place.

My wife has a Seicento Sporting and has the dealer fitted Meta System alarm and central locking system. Over the past few months it has gradually been developing faults. To start with the alarm began going off fequently and she said that when she set the alarm the hazard flash looked very slow. It still flashed the same sequence but in slow motion. We discovered that if you press and hold the alam fob when setting the alarm the unit beeps and that stopped it going off all the time whilst still locking the doors.

Now however, randomly when she parks and sets the alarm the all of the left indicators stay lit. The only way to then switch them off is to pull the alarm fuse, start the engine, use the indicators, stop the engine and replace the fuse. However, this is hit and miss and after several attempts today she has had to leave the fuse out and lease the car unlocked.

Before I spend money I don't have on a new alarm I would be really greatful if anyone has any suggestions.

Many thanks, Tom.

P.S. Sorry about my spelling!!!!! :)

Sorry for the delay. It's an X reg (2000) and is now log out of warranty. Unfortunately, with the alarm fuse out, the internal lights and clock don't work.

I would be tempted to have the control box removed so your problems stop and then work out the way you want to go

a new one will prob be best unless fiat can do a good deal on replacing just the unit

Dont hold to much hope though :eek:

Ian

Back