General Sei Sporting & S Differences

Currently reading:
General Sei Sporting & S Differences

astone21

Was checking the engines on my Sei Sporting & my girlfriends Sei S & noticed a part on the Sporting that wasn't on the S, bout half way up on the passenger side, I thought that the engine was the same just different gear ratios between the 2 models, anyone know what this is? It has a Magnetti Marrelli label on it also if that helps.

What year are both cars? Older seicentos have two types of petrol engines I believe, but the newer ones all have the same 1.1 MPI engine.

there is a different ecu used on the MPI S/SX and the Sportings. i noticed this when a friend had there mpi sporting bonnet open at the same time as i had my SX open. there is a different label on the ECU's his had something completely different to what mine ahd written on it. before my brother ripped the sticker off my ECU when he was cleanin my engine bay for me mine had S./SX/Seicento VAN writte on it. my friends has something else but im ot sure what. i think this may be one of the reasons why a rev counter will not work on the MPI non sporting models as there is no designated REV output. prob shouldve put that bit somewhere else but i thought it was relevant.

Back