General Sei mpi gsr induction

Currently reading:
General Sei mpi gsr induction

Its a good piece of kit the GSR, wouldn't over look it!

Good quality, but I find especially after mapping their products really come to life, even if its not so apparent on the factory map.

After a map I believe, with GSR induction, s/s back box and unfinished map over 70lb ft of torque at the wheels was achieved on the 1108 mpi.

I bought the alloy one from fleabay. 45 quid. I have the schuey and it didn't quite fit - i relocated the brake fluid resevoir round to the plate nearer the passenger seat ( holes are already there for the two bolts), then fitted the kit.

I can supply pics. I'm well chuffed with the difference in response, even without insulating it. No real need since cold air is gushing along the inside of the tube, cooling as it goes. Hard to imagine that unless the car is stationary, the heat would build up. I'll check when I next run the car - open the hood and feel the tube temp.

i got the one off ebay 2. its really good. coupled with an enclosed air filter from my local auto factors. the alloy tubing stays cool. dont know how. but ive never had an experience touching it after driving and it being hot. so i give a it a (y)

betetr then the KN from before.

i got the one off ebay 2. its really good. coupled with an enclosed air filter from my local auto factors. the alloy tubing stays cool. dont know how. but ive never had an experience touching it after driving and it being hot. so i give a it a (y)

betetr then the KN from before.

you answered your own question in the question :p it stays cool because its alloy. aluminium has a property in it which disipates heat alot quicker than steel. saw a piece of alluminium and you can pick it up straight away, do the same with steel and you will have your hand under a tap :p

but if its not hot after driving isnt that becaue all the heat has gone straight through the thin metal and into your engine?

the heat dissipates into the air so technically yes, but heat rises and disperses very quickly, the hood probably holds more in than that alloy tubing does.

everything conducts heat, even silicone piping. it just doesnt do it as well as metals and liquids.

Reading all of this it looks like it is time to turn my back on Fiats.

its only the sei mpi boys, the rest of us aint tight :p

where is the punto speedgear kit? :D

new owners will come with sei mpi and will want a gsr kit i am sure, we need more pics up to show how nice they look as well as rr figures

Last edited:
you answered your own question in the question :p it stays cool because its alloy. aluminium has a property in it which disipates heat alot quicker than steel. saw a piece of alluminium and you can pick it up straight away, do the same with steel and you will have your hand under a tap :p

In a project i did for the security guards at work,we had to make some immitation mortors out of ally to train the dogs with,anyway when the fins where welded on,it stayed hot for hours

Back