General Sedici 1.9 jtd gearbox problems ...

Currently reading:
General Sedici 1.9 jtd gearbox problems ...

Tom sedici

Dear fiat forum ppl

I have a 2006 fiat sedici 1.9 multijet, it has a 6-speed gearbox. 83k on clock and great runner apart from ...

I am unable to engage only the first gear - no drive to wheels. ( Can hear a rubbing noise like cog or plate not connecting )
the gear stick moves normally into gear and clutch appears to be ok, I have no problem in any other gear including reverse.

Would be interested in anybody's advice on what this might be....

At moment I am looking at £700 repair or write off car ?

Recommendations for fiat breakers in order to get a replacement gearbox.

Or if anybody wishes to donate me a car that would be lovely to ?

Thanks

Tom

It sounds to me like it's either a selector fork or 1st gear cluster issue but without seeing the car it's a guess.
Where about are you?

Hi all I also have a gearbox problem lost all gears when clutch failed was supposed to have been fixed car running fine then gears failed again and clutch pedal was flat on floor lifted up manually and car working again. No clutch cable as hydraulic fluids all OK any idea scared to take car any distance in case it happens again

Hi all I also have a gearbox problem lost all gears when clutch failed was supposed to have been fixed car running fine then gears failed again and clutch pedal was flat on floor lifted up manually and car working again. No clutch cable as hydraulic fluids all OK any idea scared to take car any distance in case it happens again

Hi. Its a clutch hydraulics problem..

Look in panda or 500 section for similar things .

https://www.fiatforum.com/500/482052-sticking-clutch-pedal.html

How long ago was gearbox removed.. could be related to that work?

Pretty quiet in the Seidici section :eek:

Charlie

Last edited:
Back