Technical Securing Nav unit!

Currently reading:
Technical Securing Nav unit!

georgekeele

Afternoon all

Have had a minor problem in my Abarth which I'd like to fix. Ever since I had it, if I give it the beans, the momentum will make the Nav unit slide out of it's mounting by anything up to 2-3 inches. I push it back in and keep going, doesn't seem to cause any problem

Just wondered what I'm likely to be missing, or whether it's just a couple of pins needing pushing back into place?

Afternoon all

Have had a minor problem in my Abarth which I'd like to fix. Ever since I had it, if I give it the beans, the momentum will make the Nav unit slide out of it's mounting by anything up to 2-3 inches. I push it back in and keep going, doesn't seem to cause any problem

Just wondered what I'm likely to be missing, or whether it's just a couple of pins needing pushing back into place?

No, it just has to be pushed in far enough until it locks at both sides.
Maybe you can reroute your cables at the back to allow the unit to be pushed in further.

There's a small spring catch on each side of the CN+ that holds it in. Perhaps they, or the slot in cage they clip into are damaged.

Attachments

• CN+ Catch.JPG
    CN+ Catch.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 14
Thank you both for your replies, I will check out these springs/clips over the weekend, see how they're looking.

Back