Securing ICE?

Currently reading:
Securing ICE?

Parr

Not sure if this should be in the ice forum or this one, couldnt find anything on a search.

A few month or so ago I had my sub and amp stolen, cost me £250 in all to fix the damage they done to get in. Iv now got a new kit, how would I go about installing this into the car securly?

Also does anyone know how much I would be looking at to delock my car? its a 3 door Punto Sporting.

And what are the legalitys on plastic windows? Like hard clear PVC or something? Would be a nightmare to smash and wouldnt cost nowere near as much compared to glass? Was £80 for my driver side and that was with insurance fronting £130 of it.

So basicly looking for a alarm, delocking, and someway to make windows a less easy way to get in. What kind of prices am I looking at for what I want and would it even be worth it?

Thanks!

plastic scratches like mad so not practical.you can get security film for the inside which holds the glass together.
you can get a false floor made for the boot to hide the amp under.my car got broken into and the one amp under the false floor was left.
unfortunatly i hadnt got tound to doing the 2nd amp :bang:

i use a motorbike lock (thatcham approved) under the rear seat mounts, secured onto a bracket on the sub box that is bolted on from the inside. the sub is secured using security screws.

my amp is secured using security screws to a wooden board under the boot carpet which cant be moved without first removing the sub box.

headunit is secured using metal wire and a padlock right behind the dash. i dont leave the headunit face plate in the car EVER, not even if i'm going into a mate's house for 5 mins.

my speakers can be stolen if you have the time and you really want them, but apart from that a thief will be leaving with very little.

Back