Barchetta Barchetta security

Currently reading:
Barchetta Barchetta security

Daveiq

Hi
I have a 1999 Barchetta.
It has no alarm or factory fitted immobiliser.
So anyone can put their arm in the roof and open the car by the internal door catch.
So, apart from leaving a large dog in it, has anyone any security ideas please?

Also, glove box between the seats. The ignition key fits it but it has no catch on the end to lock it closed.

Thanks
Davey

Put everything of value interest in the boot and ensure the boot latch is locked.

Put low value low interest items in the centre lockable box (repair your broken catch)

Use steering wheel lock or handbrake lock/gear lever (keeps gar locked in gear and handbrake on).

More high tech is fit an after market alarm that will detect the door/doors being opened. If you go for a more advanced alarm with "occupancy/intrusion" that uses ultra-sonics then ensure this can be turned off for time when you leave the car with the roof down.

Put everything of value interest in the boot and ensure the boot latch is locked.

Put low value low interest items in the centre lockable box (repair your broken catch)

Use steering wheel lock or handbrake lock/gear lever (keeps gar locked in gear and handbrake on).

More high tech is fit an after market alarm that will detect the door/doors being opened. If you go for a more advanced alarm with "occupancy/intrusion" that uses ultra-sonics then ensure this can be turned off for time when you leave the car with the roof down.
Thanks
Do you know where I can buy the missing catch for my centre locking armrest box?
Dave

You could put an alarm sounder under the dash/heater. If its loud enough, nobody will be able to sit in the car without ear plugs.

Mechanical locks (eg stoplock) on the steering wheel are ok until some thief (or other idiot) bashes the sticking-out arm into the windscreen glass. Always position it so the screen can't be impacted.

Last edited:
Hi
I have a 1999 Barchetta.
It has no alarm or factory fitted immobiliser.
So anyone can put their arm in the roof and open the car by the internal door catch.
So, apart from leaving a large dog in it, has anyone any security ideas please?

Also, glove box between the seats. The ignition key fits it but it has no catch on the end to lock it closed.

Thanks
Davey
You have a factory immobilisor a chipped key mate

Back