Technical Seat rail grease

Currently reading:
Technical Seat rail grease

F30Msport

What is the right way to lube/grease the seat rails? And the proper product? It's a wrestling match between me and the seat everytime I try to move it.

I would use standard low melting point grease, just a light coat and wipe of the execss after a few back and forwards.

When the seat is off the car, the rails can be easily misaligned by rough handling as the metal strip which spaces them is so flimsy. This can contribute to the adjustment being stiff.

More likely, if the floor has been replaced, is that the runners on the floor have been incorrectly made....either spaced badly or the lip being unevenly sized along its length or simply being too wide. This makes it bind within the runner under the seat. I've had to grind the floor runners down to get a better sliding fit. Grease is still needed but is not the major part of the problem.

I've thought about squaring the seat frame rails up, adding a second brace, and welding them to the seat frame to keep them from getting out of alignment. Curious if anyone has taken that tack before.

I've thought about squaring the seat frame rails up, adding a second brace, and welding them to the seat frame to keep them from getting out of alignment. Curious if anyone has taken that tack before.
I have kept it simple---as I am 99 % of the time the only driver of my 'wee beatie', I have set the seat to the position that I find comfortable (right back to the stop) and left it at that ., but yes, I HAVE had a new floor fitted and yes, it is very tight---a rubber headed hammer helps!

Back