DSCI2132.JPG

Panda (Classic) SEAT Marbella (Mk1 Panda replica).

Re: SEAT Marbella (Mk1 Panda replica)

You've gone all Spanish!! This cannot be!! Italian motors only! haha! It's alright, I know the story about FIAT licensing the MK1 Panda to Seat. :eek:)

Thanks guys, I am over the moon with it. One fault to fix for everyday use really and thats the blowing exhaust. And this is why!!.....

DSCI2134.JPG

What the hell happened here I dont know, but it looks almost like its been half cut off!

Started stripping out some of the interior now checking for any rust but so far only one spot around the rear hatch rubber. A classic panda weakspot so i am not bothered. I can weld it now :D!!

Si

Well I have been busy like a bee!! I have removed all the rear seats/belts and floor linings. Washed her inside and out and looking bloody good now for £200. The engine bay was very grubby, and thought may aswell make it look its best. Going to show it off to the guys at work soon I hope. It will get slated I am sure, as usual but I enjoy listening to their weak arguments against my choice in cars. Usually comes down to, "why a panda"....or "panda's are $h1t3".
What do they know, they have never driven one. :p

Big boot or what! Not going to have any rear seats, not that there is a huge weight gain, but the rear seats were very shabby.
DSCI2139.JPG

Almost got the wet dog smell out, lol and the hairs!! The mats were a bonus with the car and make so much of a difference!!
DSCI2140.JPG

The engine bay looks like a new car now :D...
DSCI2144.JPG

New exhaust on its way(£20), and mini RC40 rear box (£35) to come too. Who said you cant build a racecar for under £1000!

She is briliant!!

Italian hunk and Spanish beauty, sounds like something for HEAT magazine to report on

Thanks!! New exhaust and wheels on the way soon I hope too. She'll be a screamer then too ;) :devil:

PS I am pretty sure I put this thread in the panda category. Can a mod put this back in the panda section please if it is possible? Its got a Seat badge but she's all panda to us!! Also, potentially going to be a mk1 panda replica in the future anyway. I am probably one of the few people in the world who would concider mk1's worthy of replicating though!! :devil: Who is the Panda mod these days too? I have no idea who to contact!!! :eek:

Cheers,
Si

Last edited:

Well, quite pleased with this.....

DSCI2145.JPG

I made an adaptor from marbella mid section pipe to rc40 mini back box. Looks quite proffesional imo. :eek:

pictures of it fitted to come tomorrow! :devil::slayer:

Si

You know how I feel about your Marbella Si, so nice one - looking good(y)

From the smell of it, I thought there was a corpse in my CLX when I got her home...:yuck:

Thanks for the positive thoughts!! I am loving her to bits, literally!! Sounds lovely now btw!! those 903 engines are very revvy but there's no torque!! :eek: ALthough there are a few issues that may be causing this :rolleyes:

Si

sorry, like the pandas but the Marbellas are :yuck: the front is the best bit of the panda, and on the marbella it's just wrong!!

Yeah, I definately prefer the front of a panda, but I am still debating whether to panda it up or not. The sloped headlights have got to give me amazing aerodynamics ::ROFLMAO::

Hi, great car for the money!

Just a thought, are your engine mountings ok? It's just that when the bushes wear on a Mini engine stabaliser the exhaust flange can eventually break, just like yours, from excessive engine movement.

Vernon.

Hi, great car for the money!

Just a thought, are your engine mountings ok? It's just that when the bushes wear on a Mini engine stabaliser the exhaust flange can eventually break, just like yours, from excessive engine movement.

Vernon.

Yes, on the list of things to do! Just driving very smoothly for the moment, with a bit of wobble in the gear lever. I think the the main reason its happend though is the new clutch that was fitted recently by the looks of things. It is very visious and bites with a bite! :rolleyes: If someone dropped the clutch too hard it may have done the same.

Thanks for your thoughts, I am curious why the clutch is so harsh though. perhaps the wrong one was fitted. :confused:

Si

Last edited:
Back