DSCI2132.JPG

Panda (Classic) SEAT Marbella (Mk1 Panda replica).

What bhp is the Marbella making, and what tyres are you running? I guess the size might be an issue..

Hi again Dan,
It was rolling roaded at 135bhp but I think they had some magical pixies in their machine...standard engine develops 85bhp and it runs a bit too well with standard boost to be achieving that really. Not ruling it out as it does go quick but needs a different rolling road to have a look at it I think.
Si

Just read this thread through from start to finish.. Good work.

We have spoken via PM and headlight, bumper, and grille are planned for collection.

Is this a good time to remind all the rusty Fiat owners that SEATs are galvanised. Ha:slayer:

Thanks man! Yes looking all set for collection. If I can get QingQing the white 4x4 to work properly I might bring that up but probably going to be in a more VW'y type of SEAT (aka my brothers toledo!)

Will drop you a text in a bit so you have my number as well.

I haven't had a chance to use the hydraulic jack kit on the bent wing but hoping it will just straighten back out with minimal creasing and minimal filling! :eek:

Can you ever have too many Turbo gearboxes :) One up for grabs on the bay. Looks to be the real deal as I can see the crank sensor or whatever its called on the bellhousing. Might be a usefull spare

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lancia-y1...s_CarParts_SM&hash=item461583c367#ht_25wt_958

haha, I used to ask myself can I ever have too many spares....and when things go wrong I know the answer is no, you cannot have enough! But my garage is looking like an over filled water balloon at the moment....not saying I am not still thinking about it though!!

Thanks for the link! :slayer:

Si

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
well it took me few hours, but just read the whole thread - great read although my eyes now hurt lol.. I very well may have to come have a look at this beastie at some point, be rude not to as I am same area of country now!

So i take it from comments way way back this engine is out of jamie86's old red Y10turbo - he told me it got split up and engine used elsewhere.

And regarding your bump at Combe, i've seen alot of people mess up there and much much worse too. Your Sainsbury bag bodge proper mad me laugh too, bodging of the highest order there my good man (y)

Been any updates since the last post?

well it took me few hours, but just read the whole thread - great read although my eyes now hurt lol.. I very well may have to come have a look at this beastie at some point, be rude not to as I am same area of country now!

So i take it from comments way way back this engine is out of jamie86's old red Y10turbo - he told me it got split up and engine used elsewhere.

And regarding your bump at Combe, i've seen alot of people mess up there and much much worse too. Your Sainsbury bag bodge proper mad me laugh too, bodging of the highest order there my good man (y)

Been any updates since the last post?

Yarp, there is a lot of history in this thread haha. Welcome to come have a look but the car is still a bit beaten up at the moment so best wait till it is roadworthy again...actually now Pandaraid is done it has moved quite far up the list of things to do :D. I'm entered into some events starting now in May so got over a month but I was hoping to do some performance improvement work as well as putting bits of front end back on!

She needs to loose a little weight as well...no offence :p ....lots of ideas and as usual limited time!

Well if you need (or would like) a hand i'm happy to lend one of my hands, although you do seem to be pretty adept at getting stuff done on your own reading this thread lol.

Shame its not road worthy atm or we could have pitted it against my seicento turbo, alas i sold it and won't have it much longer but hey - this is why i am having panda plotting sessions though, so its not all bad.

Well if you need (or would like) a hand i'm happy to lend one of my hands, although you do seem to be pretty adept at getting stuff done on your own reading this thread lol.

Shame its not road worthy atm or we could have pitted it against my seicento turbo, alas i sold it and won't have it much longer but hey - this is why i am having panda plotting sessions though, so its not all bad.

Thanks most kindly. Should be ok but will give you a shout then if I get stuck (hopefully not literally under the car).

Shame to loose the Sei, I can't bring myself to part with projects which is why I have ended up with a pile of cars on my driveway :eek:...but there is a solution to loosing the turbo Sei...build a turbo panda :D...you were thinking it already I know it.

I had not spotted it, but I do have a spare engine already which I bought with a spare gearbox for ~same price :D I am also seriously running out of space for parts haha! Getting to the point I need to move to a house with a bigger garage! :eek: The garage market isn't flooded with triple garages with attached house though unfortunately :devil:

Thanks for letting me know, might give in and put in a cheeky offer anyway...

I had not spotted it, but I do have a spare engine already which I bought with a spare gearbox for ~same price :D I am also seriously running out of space for parts haha! Getting to the point I need to move to a house with a bigger garage! :eek: The garage market isn't flooded with triple garages with attached house though unfortunately :devil:

Thanks for letting me know, might give in and put in a cheeky offer anyway...

Do what I am doing, buy a house with a single garage and a decent size garden, knock the garage down and built a double (or in your case triple) one in its place!

Easier said than done though in all seriousness (n)

Back