General Seat Covers for 500

Currently reading:
General Seat Covers for 500

baxwalker

500 - It wrecks your hair
I have to use my 500 in conjunction with my business and the seats are getting grubby.

Before they get too bad, can anyone recommend a well fitting set of covers that will allow the split rear seat to fold individually?

ps. I hate seat covers but needs must! :(

Last edited:
I have to think about that too, my dog doesn't leave me a choice! :p
First port of call would be Halfords for something cheap but if you want something more classy and better quality, I read about an Italian company called FoderArt. They do personalised covers in simili leather for almost all sorts, 500s included. http://www.foderart.it/negozio/index.php?language=en

You're looking at 240 euros for fabric and 280 euros for a leather imitation, delivery inclusive.

fiat-nuova-500-similpelle.jpg

The following pictures are from an italian girl (you guessed it, on a 500 forum ;))

14052009170.jpg

14052009172.jpg

p1030057.jpg

p1030063.jpg

p1030067.jpg

p1030060.jpg

p1030062.jpg

A girl on the french 500 forum also just ordered one, I will wait for her feedback to maybe think about it.

Hi Cucciolotto

Thanks for that info - they certainly look the part but i think I would be just as worried about getting them grubby as the original seats!!

Will give Halfords a try as you suggest. It's mainly the driver's seat which is a problem so might just cover that and the passenger seat while I'm working and take them off for the weekends etc.

Thanks again
John

I have to think about that too, my dog doesn't leave me a choice! :p
First port of call would be Halfords for something cheap but if you want something more classy and better quality, I read about an Italian company called FoderArt. They do personalised covers in simili leather for almost all sorts, 500s included. http://www.foderart.it/negozio/index.php?language=en

You're looking at 240 euros for fabric and 280 euros for a leather imitation, delivery inclusive.

fiat-nuova-500-similpelle.jpg

The following pictures are from an italian girl (you guessed it, on a 500 forum ;))

14052009170.jpg

14052009172.jpg

p1030057.jpg

p1030063.jpg

p1030067.jpg

p1030060.jpg

p1030062.jpg

A girl on the french 500 forum also just ordered one, I will wait for her feedback to maybe think about it.
Those look really good! My only concern is the airbags. Companies sometimes say that their seat covers are compatible but really, how do you know? Have they tested each design on each seat in every car?

Those look really good! My only concern is the airbags. Companies sometimes say that their seat covers are compatible but really, how do you know? Have they tested each design on each seat in every car?

You're absolutely right, didn't think of that tbh. I asked her to ask the shop (since they're already in touch) to let me know if and (above all) how they tested them covers.

500 has airbags IN the side of the seat.

Oh bugger! I knew it had loads of air bags but hadn't realised they were actually in the seat itself - I thought they were in the door pillars or around that area.

It's a good job I asked the question as I would probably just bought a couple of basic ones from Halfords. I wonder if any other owners have unwittingly made that mistake.

just get the seats cleaned and scotchguarded and wear clean clothes when you sit on them

seat covers are hatefull things (n)
I'd tend to agree for the UK, in Australia though they're invaluable if like me you have vinyl seats. You can actually burn yourself on the seats on a hot day in Australia and that's before you've even touched the metal bit on the seatbelt!

Leather here though, no such problems with the "summers" we get in the UK :D

just get the seats cleaned and scotchguarded and wear clean clothes when you sit on them

I agree about seat covers being Rob naff but when I use my 500 in conjunction with my business I can't keep changing clothes and wear overalls that can get a bit grubby this time of year..

However - just checked the Halfords site and they do a cheap set which are stated as being 'side airbag compatable'. Reviews say they are easy and quick to fit so I could just fit them when I go out working.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId_186481_langId_-1_categoryId_165658#dtab

Any suggestions on best product and method to get seats clean before applying scotchguard?

I'd tend to agree for the UK, in Australia though they're invaluable if like me you have vinyl seats. You can actually burn yourself on the seats on a hot day in Australia and that's before you've even touched the metal bit on the seatbelt!

I can imagine...

strewth Sheila the seats in that ute are as hot as Hell :D

:yeahthat: The previous owner of my targa roofed car retrimmed the seats in vinyl :eek: so tacky seatcovers it is :(

:Offtopic: Bloody 70's/80's Fiat owners trying to mooch off our La Dolce Vita'ness :mad::p

Tbh give me a nicely sorted 131 Mirafiori and I'll ditch the 500 in a heartbeat :D Couple of decent exxie's on ebay UK at the moment though :)

I have mine already SupaGarded yet I'd rather be too careful than not enough, I want to keep my car for 5 years as clean as possible for a good re-sale, and with a cheeky dog like mine I have to be extra extra extra extra careful! :p
I don't find FoderArt's covers so hateful, with the right colours ((according to your respective cars) I find them attractive if anything! :)

I retrimed my fto in simi leather and it took me a week i was at all day it was very tricky you have to use a hair dryer to get them on also you have to take the old ones off not as easy as it sounds. I as thinking of this the other day hmmmm bet the can stich in lettering too.

Back