Scuffed bumper

Currently reading:
Scuffed bumper

brandonbillingham

Hello

To cut a long story short in a car park today I parked in the end space next to the wall, the space was huge so it seemed ideal at the time. Come back an hour later and some corsa decided my space was also there's and parked half their car in mine and a giant transit parked behind me! Bugger...

On the 4th escape attempt I did this with the wall :(

cbZn9Wq.jpg

After some swearing and kicking of myself I got out on the 5th attempt!

I want to try and get this fixed for as little as possible so any tips will be appreciated. The scuff is rough to the touch just to add.

Last edited:
Hello

To cut a long story short in a car park today I parked in the end space next to the wall, the space was huge so it seemed ideal at the time. Come back an hour later and some corsa decided my space was also there's and parked half their car in mine and a giant transit parked behind me! Bugger...

On the 4th escape attempt I did this with the wall :(

cbZn9Wq.jpg

After some swearing and kicking of myself I got out on the 5th attempt!

I want to try and get this fixed for as little as possible so any tips will be appreciated. The scuff is rough to the touch just to add.

I can't see the pic, can you host it on the forum please (y)

He doesn't need to upload any pictures again, they are there already...!!

Not on the forum they're not, and not visible to all because of that ;)

Its their choice, it'd be advisable to upload for all to see if they want the opinion of others that can only see forum hosted pics :)

EDIT: managed to find the web link thats blocked for me, and rehost on the forum for the OP

cbZn9Wq.jpg

Last edited:
Now I can see it, OP, as has been mentioned above, can be repaired, probably looking at about £120-£300 depending upon location, company and quality of work undertaken (y)
Thanks for reposting :) only just got back to my laptop.

Glad to hear people are quoting the same price range I've managed to get quotes for so far. Two companies I've contacted have come in around £100.

Hopefully I'll get it booked in within the next month and get it sorted... and stay away from any walls going forward!

I did the same to mine earlier this year, i used 2000 then 2500 grit wet to just buff it out and then i used g3 cutting compound on a buffer and just buffed the whole side of the bumper and with a little wax came out as new (y)

Back