Technical Schematic/ wiring diagram needed for idling solenoid

Currently reading:
Technical Schematic/ wiring diagram needed for idling solenoid

At least I think its an idling solenoid... Basically I need to know what pin does what on the solenoid on the tb, which is from a 1997 85 16v. Said part is in the pic, any help is mucho appreciated (y)

Image0608.jpg

Looks to me if you got a +12 volt supply arriving from the battery which supplies +12 volts to unit 143. The +12 volts also goes down via the fuse to supply the ignition switch. From the ignition switch you will have a +12 volts out when the engine is cranking only suppling the idle adjustment motor (145)

The other wire is another +12 volt feed via a fuse which is supplying units 256 and 150.

Hope that helps

Looks to me if you got a +12 volt supply arriving from the battery which supplies +12 volts to unit 143. The +12 volts also goes down via the fuse to supply the ignition switch. From the ignition switch you will have a +12 volts out when the engine is cranking only suppling the idle adjustment motor (145)

The other wire is another +12 volt feed via a fuse which is supplying units 256 and 150.

Hope that helps

Thank you :)

Well at least I know now its 12v and not an odd voltage :) From what I gather there is another 12v supply and this voltage is restricted by the ecu, am I correct? I'm planning to control this from in the car as I do not have this system on my injection system

where on the diagram is the other 12v from the ecu, i cant see it ??
let me know and ill try and help

Thanks! That manual is much more comprehensive than the Bravo manual I have :) the part youre talking about is the TPS, in the right area though :)

Ive found out a bit more on the Idle Adjustment Actuator (proper name for the component) using the manual pics on the link:
  • the first wire HZ goes to pin 21
  • the second wire MZ goes to pin 3
  • the third wire GZ goes to pin 40
  • the fourth wire RZ goes to pin 20

What wire does what? Thank you again for your help so far :)

Last edited:
Back