Saving on electricity

Currently reading:
Saving on electricity

its a load of bulloxe about the little light been left on... modern electronics use a solidstate (pwm) transformer which only takes the power it needs. so if its running one led and a tiny IC (which waits for a signal from a remote or button) would use a fraction of a watt. I would say if its such a TINY amount of power it would not even show up on the meter.

No its not.

Say a led uses 1 watt (I know it's less, but it will be easier for calcs)

1,000 billion tv's, computer monitiors, PS2/PS3/Wii what ever.

That's 1,000 billion led's, that's 1,000billion watt's of electricity being wasted. Thats alot of bloody power!

It's the old story. You alone can't change the plannet, but everyone can. Just you turning everything off instead of onto standby won't help, but everyone doing it will!

No its not.

Say a led uses 1 watt (I know it's less, but it will be easier for calcs)

1,000 billion tv's, computer monitiors, PS2/PS3/Wii what ever.

That's 1,000 billion led's, that's 1,000billion watt's of electricity being wasted. Thats alot of bloody power!

It's the old story. You alone can't change the plannet, but everyone can. Just you turning everything off instead of onto standby won't help, but everyone doing it will!

If the uk closed for business entirely I.E. we all died all emissions ceased. The slack in pollution we left would be taken up by China in 2 years.

i dont have cheap rate electric at night, i have a standard meter. this maybe because i dont have storage heating. i have gas heating.

the only thing that saves me money on electric is the tumble drier. before we had it i was leaving pc on till i went to bed (as i can hear the fan at night and keeps me awake) switching it on when i got up, tv in standby, dvdr/vcr/freeview/wii in standby, its a 2 bed house with two people in it, cooking with electric oven/grill microwaves and george formby grill, and a washing machine, and my bill was less a month than my mate in his 1 bed flat turning his Tv/vcr/freeview/dvd/ off standby and keeping lights out.

now its rather silly

Last edited:
I don't blame you. Ashame there is no way of storing it :p

prod_leisure_group.jpg

Battery_Charger.jpg

:idea:

Back