General Saggy bonnet insulation

Currently reading:
General Saggy bonnet insulation

Jaseone

Panda Twinair Trekking went in for 3rd year service today and MOT. Mentioned that the insulation under the bonnet was hanging out from the back end, seems to be clipped in at the front and sides. They said it was a common problem and they appear to have used some black sealant to hold it in place, which hasn't worked.

Also had an advisory on the rear shocks which were meant to have been replaced under warranty in 2017 by another dealer.

Anyone else have saggy insulation?

And does anyone know if the rear shocks are the same on all 2012+ Pandas?

Cheers, Jason.

Same here. Every time I wash my car I put it back in but it's always hanging loose again the next time. Other Fiats(Grande Punto) have the same "problem".

I take it there is no safety concern with it resting on the engine? Is there a fix available? Would a replacement be the same?

Nah I do'nt think it will be an issue and replacing it would probably give the same results in a short time. Mine did this from the beginning. I only put it back because I'm a bit of an perfectionist when it comes to things like this but fully knowing it will work itself loose again. I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited:
Hi.
The wide foam double sided sticky tape used on number plates worked fine for me. I put it on the flat underside surfaces of the bonnet and refitted the sound proofing "felt" made sure it was well pressed into the tape and all has been well for over a year.

Back