Sad thing to get excited about I know....

Currently reading:
Sad thing to get excited about I know....

how long have you been paying it off for?

personally I don't buy stuff unless I can pay for it cash, as I don't like numbers hangover my head, unavoidable when it comes to houses, although B&Q have a sale on sheds at the moment:cool:

How many alloy wheels does a girl need? :eek: I got two sets already :D

Faster4tec, I've had it three years, when I qualified I was just out of being a student and going into relief work which involved my travelling up to 150 miles a day and I needed a comfortable, reliable car quick (with 15k of student debt over my head). It was a good deal at the time :)

I cant wait to pay off the stilo. think got about 15 months payments left, which my march bonus may stretch to payin it off early (might hammer the overtime as well!)

I still have my student loan but all I managed to get was £2k. Bloody means testing. Bought my first car with it (as i needed to drvie from home to preston and back and then to work and back) and still not paid that off, although thats gets pilfered out my wage slip

free stuff is cool although I just turned down a 28" lcd telly that was going begging as its not very good and not a patch on the picture quality of my 15 year old sanyo CRT 4:3! ok it was widescreen but i couldnt be doing with a blurry picture.

Last edited:
faster4_tec said:
personally I don't buy stuff unless I can pay for it cash ... unavoidable when it comes to houses
Na you just need a loaded grandparent to die and you're sorted... Thanks grampa' you've been a total godsend in my life (y)

StoneNewt said:
Na you just need a loaded grandparent to die and you're sorted... Thanks grampa' you've been a total godsend in my life (y)

Totally agree with this one, the people i know that are my age who have bought houses have come into money like this or similar, and havent saved like me and the mrs are having to do to get our first place

They also rub it in by each time the see you, asking if you've moved out yet!

Not going to happen for me though, so thats why we save.

Helz said:
Personally I'd rather have my grandparents back than any money they might have left me :(
Don't get me wrong Helz, I love my grandfather very much and I miss him but it was his time to leave us (he was getting to the point he couldn't really take the dog for a walk etc.). He died in dignity, like a proud and caring man should, rather than linger and fade away to nothing.

39 months left for me to pay off the Panda. :( Only £123 a month though, so not too bad :)
H

Back