Technical rusty cylinder ??

Currently reading:
Technical rusty cylinder ??

Nice Garage :D Whaha.

but.... Damn that a big "bummer"that cylinder.

Don't you have any garanty of the owner or something?

Otherwise Bore it up an place a oversize piston. Mabe it isn't to deep and is it maybe not nessasairly to use a oversize piston.

Pistons:
Class A 69.960 - 69.970mm
Class B 69.970 - 69.980mm
Class C 69.980 - 69.990mm

Oversize max 0.4mm

Cylinder:70.000 - 70.030mm

arc said:
it's scary in there though :(

will wait and see what engine places says about the rust tomorrow.

Its less scary in the crank end than in the valve end of an engine.

Put in the engine stand, behind the pink gonk in case you'd lost it, turn it upside down and take off the sump. Undo the big end bolts, remove the caps, gentle tap with nylon or hide mallet, and if its anything like a standard Fiat engine the piston will hit your toe on its way to the floor.

If it needs persuasion, the handle of the mallet will push it out. Reattatch the cap to the rod the correct way round, keeps everything in the right place and do it for all of them.

Then the main caps will need to be removed to get the crank out. I think the oil pick up will also need to be removed, but its fairly evident when you are looking at it.

Cheers

D

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
mase said:
now im no head expert ;)

Evidently....as you do understand we're talking about the cylinder block and not the head here Mase? :p....The Head is the other bit!

Hi Arc
Local motor factor`s, i was quoted £54 for a complete gasket set with head bolts this includes head gasket and all oil seals etc.(ask for a Payen gasket set i`ve been told they are actually better gaskets than Fiat?)
Cheers
Adrian

Back