General Rusting Punto!

Currently reading:
General Rusting Punto!

Are they galvanised? I just think its pretty poor if they galvanise a body and it still rusts, theres no way that fiat will do anything for free.

My 2000 Punto HGT is the same along the top of the windscreen. Looks like Fiat thought they could get away with not galvanising the roof as my bonnet has stone chips and none of them are rusting. I will never buy a Fiat again because of this.

NO you WILL buy a fiat again.

a mk1 ONE ONE ONE ONE punto, they so pish all over mk2's now!!! rusty ole things them mk2's.

I really don't have much constructive to say, but....

I'm sure MOST of a mk2 body is galvanised, OR maybe its just individual panels, and since the roof is part of the shell, maybe ITS not getting galvanised.

there was a lot of refferences to windscreen seals, so maybe when fiat have been fitting them they have disturbed the paint, or scraped it out of the seal channel, so its started rusting there and blistered backwards?

my mk1 does have ONE rust bubble, its under the rear number plate (I am anal, about cleaning it, I remove number plates to get under neath and clean the mildew from time to time:cool: ) looks like when the fiat garage took delivary of it they started screwing the plate into the sheet metal, then moved, scratched it and screwed it into the predrilled holes.

muppets:mad:

Hi. my punto is also 6 years old and show two small patches of rust along the roof along the rubber strips and near the windscreen where a stone must of chipped the paint. I have a touch up stick and i often put the clear overcoat liquid on the bubbles, thinking it might help protect from the air a little :rolleyes:

Back