Technical Runs cold for 15-20 min

Currently reading:
Technical Runs cold for 15-20 min

Hello,

Ive got a problem with my cars temperature, it seems to run cold for a long time whilst running and during this time the heater when on hot isnt all that hot (n)

Im thinking the thermostat is shot and i was wondering how easy is it to change in a mk2b?

Cheera

Hi im new to the site i no its a easy job to chance the thormo but do i need to bleee the system after ?

Thanks

the 1.3 multijet is different by design to other fiat engines, at decent thermostat will cost anything between £60-80, it is not mounted with in the engine it is on the side.

the bleeding process may not be the same as with other fiat engines because of this

Just to add an update. I did in the end change the thermostat back in April 2010 (when the gearbox went :eek: )

I was working on the assumption that the age of the unit had resulted in the valve not being so keen on opening/closing.

On changing the thermostat and bleeding the system, I have to say it now warms up only marginally quicker, and in all honesty there probably wasn't much of an issue to begin with -unless I happened to buy a faulty thermostat!

Back