rub strip removal + sh*t insurance job :(

Currently reading:
rub strip removal + sh*t insurance job :(

My car went to an accident repair centre due to a knock (not my fault) and i wasnt happy with the outcome, so i took it back and they re-worked the door

came back slightly rippled but not noticable so i accepted it because i couldnt be bothered with the hassle again!!

anyway, i got round to removing the rub strips and the drivers side came off fine, but the passenger side (re-worked) came off and the paint looks like its at different levels and when i was removing the glue, some of it came off leaving a scratch and generally looking rubbish!! (see 2nd picture) any ideas how to go about it?

Good side:

DSC00056-1.jpg

bad side:

DSC00058.jpg

Thanks

Mike

phoned the insurance, took it back to them....

they said the repair is down to the insurer, they say whats up with it then the insurer says either repair or replace... when it went in for re-work, if they took the rub strip off, they would have had to buy a new one (because of their rules or something) so they mask it off and spray it

I argued that their job was to repair the car to how it was before the accident, and before the accident the paintwork was fine under the rub strip

They said that before the accident, the rub strip was on, and if it was removed, it is classed as a moddification and they are not responsible for it...

Anyway, there getting in touch with the assessor on monday to look at it and they said if i dont get anywhere with them, they will get the polisher on it and try and get rid of the line...

insurance compainys are crooks they take your money fast but as soon as if comes to paying out they look for faults/short cuts and drag there feet. and then after all they you end up paying them back plus more when they up your insurance.

there ALL :tosser:

:yeahthat: i fully agree insurance companys are tossers when it comes to paying out.

Back