Rounded Camshaft - the photo's

Currently reading:
Rounded Camshaft - the photo's

D

Dave

Took the camshaft out tonight, re post on rounded crankshaft (i know it helps when you know what your parts are called) thought I would post pictures of how knackered it was.
camshaft1.jpg
camshaft2.jpg

interestingly the biggest wear was on the 3rd valve for each cylinder, not sure if inlet or exhaust.

Have to now clean the whole engine to get all the little bits out, someone suggested running it, or turning it over with diesel in the sump instead of oil??? then letting it out the bottom again. Cleaning next week then try to start it, will let you know how I get on. How easy is it to get the oil pickup tube clean?

Dave

One thing for sure, that camshaft has had it,The bearing surfaces have suffered, Only thing is a new head bearing in mind the lack of compression. I doubt that renovating the engine will be cost effective. could have damage in the cylinders, Gummed up rings etc.

Rockers also had to be changed as showed significant wear.

Wondering how this started, if blocked drizzle bar what blocked it in the first place? Will swill engine out with diesel, red as it is cheaper, and then remove and re clean drizzle bar and repeat. May just be back in a month looking for a new engine.

Probably an old engine that has been neglected, A regular oil change and an engine flush Is all it needs