General Roof rack

Currently reading:
General Roof rack

Concrete

Hi,

I'm not sure how many 500 EV drivers are fussed about roof racks, but I used to fit one to my old Twinair regularly to move bikes around, and I kept hold of all my Thule kit when I traded it in for my electric one a year ago. Trouble is Thule still haven't released any fittings for the new model. Does anyone know of any other companies who have a roof rack solution for it yet?

Hi,

I'm not sure how many 500 EV drivers are fussed about roof racks, but I used to fit one to my old Twinair regularly to move bikes around, and I kept hold of all my Thule kit when I traded it in for my electric one a year ago. Trouble is Thule still haven't released any fittings for the new model. Does anyone know of any other companies who have a roof rack solution for it yet?

Hi

Went through this with Fiat last week. Yes it's mentioned in the manual, no there is no such rack. We just have to wait and hope.

Boo!

Just like my 3 door puntos then..

Everybody made kits for those.. :cool:

Do mr.auto etc in western europe list 500e stuff yet?

As you will know Thule kits are in 3 parts
Rail
Foot kit
Fixing kit

So you are not missing too much :)

Have you got a pic? The only one I could find looks like the rear foot fastens through the rear window?

Screenshot 2022-06-21 at 17.46.06.png

Nothing to hand..

But this is in the classifieds..
Might help a little with 'research'

Do Punto rear widows pivot on the front edge to open a little by any chance? If so assume the rear set of feet are secured by the glass closing over the feet? If so this is the problem with the new 500 there is nowhere to fit the rear rail/feet to.

So... Still nothing from Thule yet, but I did find this:

Any thoughts? On my old 500 I used to use the Thule short roof adaptor system, so the rear bar just sat on the roof and was clamped down by the force that the two longitudinal bars put on it... but this one seems to just clamp on above the rear side window. Has anyone used a similar system? My existing Thule bike carrier should fit

So... Still nothing from Thule yet, but I did find this:

Any thoughts? On my old 500 I used to use the Thule short roof adaptor system, so the rear bar just sat on the roof and was clamped down by the force that the two longitudinal bars put on it... but this one seems to just clamp on above the rear side window. Has anyone used a similar system? My existing Thule bike carrier should fit

Neither front or back of that will fit :(

Neither front or back of that will fit :(
Why do you say that? Did you look at the fitting instructions? I just took the PDF out to my car and I can see where it all goes together.

Attachments

• MOCSKT442.pdf
    182.3 KB · Views: 82
Why do you say that? Did you look at the fitting instructions? I just took the PDF out to my car and I can see where it all goes together.
Am I right in assuming this is not for the 500e - but for a petrol Fiat 500?

Back