Roadhawk RH-1 - Does anyone have one? some questions.

Currently reading:
Roadhawk RH-1 - Does anyone have one? some questions.

Hello guys (hope this is the right forum),

Having ordered a 500 at the beginning of the month (Due to my old car being written off and me having to take partial responsibility for the crash grrr!) I was looking for some way to prove i am in the right if it ever happens again.

I came across the Road Hawk, I've seen a few other brands but i think this one looks the best. Roadhawk.co.uk

I just have a few questions regarding what it actually does, if it's worth it and installation etc.

1. On the pictures it does it's best to try and show no wires, now i don't know if this is actually true or they have just tucked them round the trim. So, Does it actually charge like a sat nav or does it need to be constantly plugged into something. It comes with a Cig lighter/plug adapter or mentions it can be linked straight into the fuse box to activate when you turn on the ignition.

2. If indeed it is wired and needs plugging in i would happily just have it attached to the fuse box as i'll be using it every time i drive. Would any garage be able to do this? and moreso, if i took them to the fiat garage once they get delivery of the car would they be able to fit them before i pick the car up?

3. Anyone have any experience with them? ;)

Many thanks

Last edited:
Looks like the T-eye is discontinued on a few sites i've looked at so back to the Roadhawk it is!

Thanks for the post Col, Do you think the Fiat dealer would fit it for me? I am totally useless with car electicals. How is it on a day to day basis? do you notice it's there apart from the beeping when it starts up?

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=t-eye&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=carcam&_osacat=0 ;)

The advantage with t-eye is the internal cam.

Captures a substancial amount of footage from side of car out of the front door windows. Essential for a side on collision.

Also helps prove if you were or were not on the phone when collission happened etc.

Also give's a decent display to what t-eye is doing with its screen where as roadhawk only had LED's iirc.

I spent alot of time researching into it when looking and t-eye cam up top trumps all around, especially when looking at technical data. Does roadhawk have a remote activation button also?

Also are software updates for road hawk easy to download/get?

The only advantage I see of roadhawk is that it does look slightly better from inside the car.

Just my opinion though.

The other question is how well does roadhawk work in extreame conditions, and in the event of a modereate collision? Will it function FULLY throughout the scenario? T-eye does - I've been infortunate enough to find out :eek:

Jon.

Your local general car garage would be your best bet. Or even a car audio store that does fitting.

It beeps on startup to let me know it's recording and that's all you hear of it. Blue light blinks when it has GPS signal and red light is constant to show power. There's a button on the unit itself to press if you want to 'protect' before and after the button press. I've never used that though as the memory is sufficiently large allowing you to go home and look through the continuous footage for what you want before it overwrites itself. Using the software you can cut what you want out and export to AVI. The camera itself records in roughly 60MB blocks, so you won't crash the computer opening 2 gig vid files :D I'm sure the T-Eye does the same.

You pays your money you takes your choice. They both have wide angle forward lense, internal G-meter, microphone, GPS (speed and location), map plotting (when online via Google) etc.. If you want the rear-facing cam functionality you'll pay the £50 premium for the T-Eye.

Why not just use a mobile phone in video mode, my old and trusty Nokia 6680 does excactly this.
Got it mounted in a cradle on the dash and works great, alot cheaper aswell.

Overall quality is no-where near as good, and you have to faf everytime with setting phone up ;)

Also don't get G-force recording, and GPS calaberation (sp?)

Back