Road Trip

Currently reading:
Road Trip

tobiasnugent

Stilo Owner
me and my friends are going on a road trip in august any one recomend any locations and activities to do there ?

Staying in the UK or venturing to France, there are some nice roads I can point you to. French Police don't get out there much.

I would reccomend Woolacombe [sp] there are some really nice high hill roads, like the road at the beggining of the original Italian Job but less of a drop.

Last edited:
thats a wuss journey can go from one end of country to other of uk in a day!

try driving across europe, thats a proper journey :)

Deffo the Lakes, lots of twisty roads, lots of parts where you have to use low gears. :)

Would say the same for certain parts of Yorkshire, but I am no Yorkie, so will have to ask them, JOSH!!! :p Need you dear. :)

Would say the same for certain parts of Yorkshire, but I am no Yorkie, so will have to ask them, JOSH!!! :p Need you dear. :)

JFL isnt the only yorkie on the forum

there isnt many places though, theres a couple of passes i.e woodhead etc but nowt much, if you head off towards otley and ripon way there are a few odd roads that you might be interested in but they are that narrow its impossible to enjoy them as forever pulling up to let cars past

Last edited:
im going to scotland tonight in the lorry :eek: think i will get blown to the shetland isles

just think, thousands of people drive for hours to see the historic quay at hartlepool, and there you are in hartlepool and you want to drive hundreds of miles so you can see a similarly pointless attraction in a town that looks very similar, the only real difference been the accent of the locals and the money you've wasted on petrol. get yourself down the historic quay and save the hassle, and the environment too.

heading out into the yorkshire dales is a great place, around the area where me and adam took some photos of our stilo (see video in my sig), there are some great roads (y), and the peak district is quite nice as well :D, and then theres the moors :p

if you do head out this way let me know as i may come along for a few hours drive in the dales (and adam as well, and i will bring my camera so i can take more photos) :devil:

Back