Technical Reverse sensors

Currently reading:
Technical Reverse sensors

ad25121048

Hi All

My last Bravo (Dynamic T-JET 120 57 plate) had reverse sensors fitted. The beeping sound was emitted from the front (inside the dash). The buzzer volume inside the "MENU" button also changed the volume of the reverse sensors.

My new car (Sport T-JET 150 59 plate) also has reverse sensors fitted. The beeping sound is emitted from the rear (sounds like the boot / c pillar). I noticed last night the while the reverse sensors are in use you can see a red L.E.D flashing with the beeps located behind the C pillar on the passanger side. The L.E.D in under the C pillar cover and I only noticed it as it was dark. Also these sensors seem to leave a huge gap behind the car when the sound flatlines.

I'm thinking these are aftermarket fitted sensors? If so anyone got any idea on how I can change the distance at which they tell me to stop?

Thanks.

you can tell if factory fit. This LED sounds like the visual panel which has been tucked behind pillar to save fitting time, can you not question the garage you got the car from?

most have no adjustment and the positioning of the sensors is the crucial point however bravo bumpers are marked so positioning is straight forward.

What's the minimum distance on factory fits?
I noticed that retro sensors are only good down to 30cm - even the ad for the new panda seems to show it needing shedloads of space to operate.
I know there was a sensor based on induction from a metallic strip placed just behind the bumper but this tech was very expensive & prone to innacuracies. (although that was a couple of years ago)
I have to admit, I do love my reversing camera - you can clearly see everything behind the car to about 4' back and a bit beyond the width making parking a breeze & hooking up a trailer/caravan is a dream.

My 59 bravo (150) has factory installed sensors and I hear the beep from the dashboard, like your previous bravo. Concerning how good they work, mine flatline about 15-20 cm before hitting something. Knowing that, I always go back an extra 10cm. You just have to get used to it

Back