Technical Reverse Sensors

Currently reading:
Technical Reverse Sensors

danny232

I'm wanting to fit some reverse sensors for my GP active, just wondered if anyone had done it before and if they would recomend a particular kit?

Using the excellent guide on this forum I fitted some sensors about two years ago. I got them from Dolphin Audio,they were already sprayed a silver colour to match the car.
I think they were about £50. They have been 100% reliable. Worst thing about doing the job is getting the rear bumper off,the fixings to the rear of the wheel are usually covered in crud.

I also used the forum guide to do mine, got a 6 sensor (4 rear, 2 front) set from ebay, the same or similar to the one from the guide.

This is the one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-CAR-REVERSE...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c4d35d004

Thought I might fit the front ones at some point, but haven't yet.

They do do a 4 sensor rear version too at a decent price.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-REVERSING...CarParts_SM&hash=item2c4d43c7aa#ht_3920wt_911

The colour match for my Chemical Grey paint was perfect with the Titanium colour they offered, though it appears that they no-longer do that one.

The display part really fits nicely on the plastic rear window boot part, as shown in the guide. However the beep in it is very high pitched and loud. I ended up opening up the display part and covering the buzzer with a small sticky pad to reduce the volume and frequency.

The (minor) issues with fitting were, as mentioned - getting the crud out of the bumper screws (it didn't help it was middle of winter) - drilling through the bumper thinking 'what if this goes wrong' and finding the correct wire that goes to the reverse light for the 12v power.

And here's a photo, though the low suns' shadow exaggerates how much they stick out:
garage_attachment.php

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back