General Retrofit fuel flap lock

Currently reading:
General Retrofit fuel flap lock

Hello,

Is it possible to retrofit the automatic fuel flap lock?
Mine Stilo is a 06 and the wiring loom i have from the car i have for spares is a 03.
The 03 has the automatic fuel flap lock.
Can I follow the wires and undo them and put them on the same place as my 06 abarth?

Kind regards,

Bas

The lockable fuel door (flap) was one of the items that was removed as part of the 2003 cost cutting exercise. It was replace by an ignition key lockable fuel cap.

My March 2003 Stilo has the fuel door that unlocks with the central locking, my November 2003 Stilo has the lockable fuel cap instead.

The ignition key lockable lower glove box lid was also replaced by a non lockable one at the same time.

bberg It should be possible to retrofit the fuel flap lock. You will need the fuel flap lock solenoid, and you may need to replace one of the door control modules. For right hand drive cars, the fuel flap lock is controlled by the driver's door control module. I don't know if it's the same for left hand drive cars.

The lockable fuel door (flap) was one of the items that was removed as part of the 2003 cost cutting exercise. It was replace by an ignition key lockable fuel cap.

My March 2003 Stilo has the fuel door that unlocks with the central locking, my November 2003 Stilo has the lockable fuel cap instead.

The ignition key lockable lower glove box lid was also replaced by a non lockable one at the same time.

bberg It should be possible to retrofit the fuel flap lock. You will need the fuel flap lock solenoid, and you may need to replace one of the door control modules. For right hand drive cars, the fuel flap lock is controlled by the driver's door control module. I don't know if it's the same for left hand drive cars.

The solenoid and controlmodules I already have those on spare.

I will have a look into elearn and the wiring harnass that I have from the parts Stilo.

I will let you guys know how it is going.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Today started with following the wires for the fuel flap.
With elearn I found the colors and see where they go.
They go indeed to the driver side (also on lhd cars).
Tomorrow I test if it works.

Fuel flap lock (N58) to the door harness (D30) it is the drivers door in lhd and rhd cars.

JmG13HG.png

6khynun.png

Doorharness (D30) to comfortmodule (M66D):
XQx0GPq.png

And this is a wiring harnass of a stilo abarth :bang:
uHaQnqq.png

And this is the wire that I take form the harness that goes to the fuel flap ;)

iTt3sJd.png

Last edited:
I looked at that wiring harness... and I'm not going to upgrade mine any more.. :D :D

Ralf S.

It's not that bad only 2 wires you need ;).
But today I removed my doorcard and fitted the wires on the right place in the module and it worked.

Now I need to place the wires on the right place to the fuel cap.

Back