Retro Gaming

Currently reading:
Retro Gaming

Need to actually get all the Sonic games myself - only have the first 3 on the MD and then Sonic Gems on PS2 which has Sonic CD (but with crap soundtrack substitution), Sonic R and a few random games from various formats. Sonic & Knuckles wasn't too bad and Spinball was okay but after the transition to 3D, everything went to pot somewhat. Sonic 2's definitely my fav as I can absolutely fly through it and often get all the Chaos Emeralds fairly quickly and 2-player's hilarious :D

Certainly don't like playing emulated versions. It's nice to have them to hand but I always prefer the authentic experience with the proper joypads and such :)

Well my Mega Everdrive and Super Everdrive arrived on Friday! For those not in the know and don't want to click the links these are flash carts for the Megadrive and the Super Nintendo which allow playing homebrew and downloaded roms on the real hardware. :) I honestly think it is the closest you can get to playing the real thing without actually playing the real thing. Still going to keep going with the Megadrive collection but I reckon these bad boys will be a lot of fun when I finally get round to playing with them!

Mrcento said:
yeah, there was a few games released a year or so back for the DC, i think one was actually a company rather than a homebrew even! :) it was just mega delayed :laugh:

Duke Nukem Forever perhaps? :)

Hi All,

I think the first game system i ever had was an Atari then a my first handheld game was a Galaxy Invader 100:)

My first ever pc was an Amstrad CPC 464 fitted a with tape deck and green monitor.... lmfao,

Then i owned my first Nintendo Game Boy

Then it was the first released Microsoft Xbox followed by Xbox 360 120gb and now a Xbox 360 250gb Limited Edition Slim,

Showing my age....Oops,

Cheers Don

Scuderia said:
Hi All,

I think the first game system i ever had was an Atari then a my first handheld game was a Galaxy Invader 100:)

My first ever pc was an Amstrad CPC 464 fitted a with tape deck and green monitor.... lmfao,

Then i owned my first Nintendo Game Boy

Then it was the first released Microsoft Xbox followed by Xbox 360 120gb and now a Xbox 360 250gb Limited Edition Slim,

Showing my age....Oops,

Cheers Don

That's quite a jump from Gameboy to Xbox. You just get fed up of gaming in between?

We going for the jugular of all consoles ever owned?

Atari 2600
NES (still got)
Mega Drive 2
Mega CD 2
Swapped the above at some point for
Mega Drive
Mega CD (both original)
Sega Saturn
Nintendo 64
Playstation 1
Dreamcast
Gamecube
Playstation 2
Xbox 360
Playstation 3

all consoles owned?

Playstation 1
N64
Dreamcast
Playstation 2
xbox
xbox 360
playstation 3
Sega Game gear
Game boy colour
game boy advance
game boy andvance sp
Nintendo Ds
Sony Psp

think thats them all :)

Ryanfaescotland said:
That's quite a jump from Gameboy to Xbox. You just get fed up of gaming in between?

The jump probely started from the CPC as that would have been a few years before i left school,i then joined the Army the 1Bn Black Watch and the gameboy would have probely been bought during my service then after leaving the army in the mid nineties i then worked as long distance hgv driver until i decided enough was enough from being away from home then around 2000 or so is when i then bought my first Xbox,

Cheers Don

Oh i forgot the mention i also bought a wii a few years back......but lets just forget about that one eh......cr@p!...sorry but they are,my daughter likes it but its not for me......Me and my son are both Xbox 360 Live diehards.

Attached a current pic of my set up, which seriously needs a unit to house it all in along with a decent AV splitter :laugh:

[attachment=1:11zqdi23]Photo 02-07-2012 23 06 35.jpg[/attachment:11zqdi23]

...L->R Mega Drive I, original XBox, PS3, GameCube, Dreamcast, N64, SNES, PlayStation, PS2, Mega Drive/Mega CD2 and off frame's a big shelf of most of the games. Besides what's pictured, I've got an original GameBoy tucked away (portable gaming's never been my thing), PS2 in the bedroom for DVDs and use of the light gun on the curved CRT and a slightly faulty original XBox that's boxed up ready to mod sometime in the future ;)

Still a tonne of systems I want to source at some point including a Spectrum +2 for the games I've got but playing what I've got should tide me over :)

Don't think I'll go mental though - not spent any serious money on my games yet (loved Gamestation for the 49p sales lol). Know folk who spend hundreds on a single game out of pure rarity, which I don't think I'll ever really do. Love looking at some other people's collections though with all the arcade cabinets and the like :)

A little off topic?maybe not actually as its still gaming........do you remember when the Amstrad CPC 464 and spectrum were about you could program your own games in :) ,you would have got them in magazines, once done you could copy and save them to tape to play them as and when you wished,silly question, but can you still do the like of this was a modern day pc?,if so,how?,remembering iam no Bill Gates,i ask as i see the net is full of these 80's programs,

Cheers Don

Back