Technical Resetting change engine oil light

Currently reading:
Technical Resetting change engine oil light

Stilo36

Recently my oil light came up flashing with a following warning on the dash, that says : "Change engine oil". After changing the oil I cannot find any info on how to reset this warning. I have a EDC15C7 CF3/EOBD 1.9 Multijet 88kw (120HP) engine. There's no option to reset the oil change in the engine ECU, the Service module only offers "NEXT SERVICE RESET KM". How can I reset this warning?

Thanks in advance

Recently my oil light came up flashing with a following warning on the dash, that says : "Change engine oil". After changing the oil I cannot find any info on how to reset this warning. I have a EDC15C7 CF3/EOBD 1.9 Multijet 88kw (120HP) engine. There's no option to reset the oil change in the engine ECU, the Service module only offers "NEXT SERVICE RESET KM". How can I reset this warning?

Thanks in advance

What OBD device did you use?

Is this non.DPF?

What OBD device did you use?

Is this non.DPF?

I'm using Vgate OBD (Bluetooth), and yes, this is a non DPF model, this morning I tried set the Service Interval to 15000km and executed the "NEXT SERVICE KM RESET" function. Drove to the nearest market, so far - no faults, I think that worked, although I want to drive a bit more, to be sure that this is fixed.

I'm using Vgate OBD (Bluetooth), and yes, this is a non DPF model, this morning I tried set the Service Interval to 15000km and executed the "NEXT SERVICE KM RESET" function. Drove to the nearest market, so far - no faults, I think that worked, although I want to drive a bit more, to be sure that this is fixed.

Hmm,
Don't know the Vgate software. You could ask them if it does it. If you want to do work on your car then I highly recommend geting Multiecuscan www,multiecuscan.net worth every penny of the 50 euro registration fee (you can play with the free version)
If you just need the service light try this

1-turn on the ignition key,
2-press the gas pedal and hold it,
3-press the brake pedal 7 times without relesing the gas pedal,
4-keep pressing the gas pedal for 60sec.
5-Release the gas pedal and turn of the ignition key,
6- Wait for 60sec.
Then turn on the ignition key and start the engine. Check if the service/oil change light turned off.

HTH,
Robert G8RPI.

Hmm,
Don't know the Vgate software. You could ask them if it does it. If you want to do work on your car then I highly recommend geting Multiecuscan www,multiecuscan.net worth every penny of the 50 euro registration fee (you can play with the free version)
If you just need the service light try this

1-turn on the ignition key,
2-press the gas pedal and hold it,
3-press the brake pedal 7 times without relesing the gas pedal,
4-keep pressing the gas pedal for 60sec.
5-Release the gas pedal and turn of the ignition key,
6- Wait for 60sec.
Then turn on the ignition key and start the engine. Check if the service/oil change light turned off.

HTH,
Robert G8RPI.

Thank you, haven't seen the warning so far, looks like this one worked!

Thanks in advance
engine oil indicator is a different ECU to the engine management ECU the multi ECU scan software doesn't reset it a lot of independent garage diagnostic tools don't reset it you have to reset the service indicator and the oil change indicator in the database obviously when those jobs are actually done. I used an alltel md808 pro because it was the cheapest tool I could find cheaper than getting a garage oil changebecause my problem occurred when the mechanic put dirty oil into my engine blocks up the oil filter triggering low oil pressure sensor. Nothing to do with the DPF don't play around with those parameters unless you're DPF report looks bad mine was fine this is on 2008 and later qubo etc and other marelli range of engines

Back