Technical Reset Oil Change warning lamp 500L 1.6 M Jet

Currently reading:
Technical Reset Oil Change warning lamp 500L 1.6 M Jet

jackknowlson

Despite a full (but non Fiat) service that included an oil and filter change - 6 months and just 2k later there's a continuous flashing message' Change Oil' on the dash.
The level stays ok on the dipstick and the oil press lamp goes out ok. but no faults show when I connect in my OBD tester.

Model is 1.6 multijet 500L 74k miles

I've watched a lot of 'You Tube' videos that claim to cure the problem by turning the key on and jabbing the accelorator 3 times in 10 seconds and proved completely useless- Tried that quite a few times without success.
Please don't suggest 'reaching out' to a Fiat dealership as I still have 'Duologic' related resentment issues from 10 years ago that will never go away......
Hope someone can help
thanks
jack

You need to get this sorted ASAP to avoid your DPF filter getting clogged up because the engine refuses to regenerate the DPF because the ECU thinks the oil is old.

Fixing is simple with the appropriate software. I think your first port of call is to talk to the garage that did your service and get them to reset the Oil Change. If they reset your Service Interval then they may have assumed that this would be sufficient. On most later diesel Fiats the Oil Change reset is NOT in the Service Reset but is a separate rest function in the Engine ECU.

If they are unable to do this then look for a MultiECUScan user and forum member near to you to you:

See: https://www.fiatforum.com/directory/categories/multiecuscan-register.4/

They will be able to help you out.

You need to get this sorted ASAP to avoid your DPF filter getting clogged up because the engine refuses to regenerate the DPF because the ECU thinks the oil is old.

Fixing is simple with the appropriate software. I think your first port of call is to talk to the garage that did your service and get them to reset the Oil Change. If they reset your Service Interval then they may have assumed that this would be sufficient. On most later diesel Fiats the Oil Change reset is NOT in the Service Reset but is a separate rest function in the Engine ECU.

If they are unable to do this then look for a MultiECUScan user and forum member near to you to you:

Thanks for the reply -and for letting me know that that it needed some urgent action. Lucky the local garage who do my mot and servicing couldn't have been more decent. Apologised profusely, fixed it in 5 minutes ( with multi ecu scan) and despite offering him a 20 spot for his trouble, wouldn't take a penny. I had envisaged booking it in a weeks time and a £200 plus bill - Then i realised I was confusing him with a Fiat dealer.!

For the multiecuscan and reset what is the right cable to plug to pc? Yellow? Or green?
Best regards

Back