Technical Replacment key question

Currently reading:
Technical Replacment key question

rusty

Hi everybody,
I own a '99 Seicento sporting. When i brought it i was only given one blue key :mad: It was to good an offer to pass.
Anyway the key is coded, So if i lose it im stuffed. I have now been offerded a brand new set of keys and locks including a red key.
I was under the impression that the red key and ecu were coded together.
But i have now been told that a fiat dealer can program all of the keys to the car.
I am confused :confused: can any body shed some light on this subject for me please.

Thanks in advance Ben.

New blue keys can be made at places such as timpsons for about £20, and saves you the hassle of having to fit a whole new lockset.

I always thought the ECU could only be coded to one red key, so I dont know how they'd recode it

It has the triangle with 2 little circles. NO number 2.

dawozere said:
New blue keys can be made at places such as timpsons for about £20, and saves you the hassle of having to fit a whole new lockset.

I always thought the ECU could only be coded to one red key, so I dont know how they'd recode it
How do timpsons go about coding the key.?

Thanks for having me.
Will the key look the same from Timpsons or will it be a cheap thing.?

timpsons have a mahcine that reads the code from the blue key you have, and writes it to a blank blue key they have copied from the original, takes them about 2 minutes, and i've never had any problems with them

The key looks pretty similar, mines plasticy rather than the ruberised fiat one but at the end of the day its a key

Okay. Thanks everbody for your help. You have probably saved me a lot of money hassle. (y)

Back