Technical Replacing heater hose

Currently reading:
Technical Replacing heater hose

dha12oks

Replacing heater hose & Blown fuse

Hey, well I know its a simple thing to replace, but I was wondering if there are things I need to be aware of? Apart from making sure the engine hasn't been running to make it hot.

Any case, this is the part I'm replacing:

$_1.JPG

I think I've also blown a fuse though I cannot seem to find what I may need to replace on the fuse box diagram...

My interior lights for the heater etc aren't lit up.
I was googling for this, and someone mentioned removing and replacing F8 fuse
Which is:
3fc51f39de53413187ff96b60a8fbd9f.png

But I don't think its an heater blower :LOL:

Last edited:
Re: Replacing heater hose & Blown fuse

on that pipe is the bleed screw....it's a PITA to bleed all the air out after you refill the coolant.
Looked in Haynes Manual ..the wiring diagram for the dash panel switch assembly (which includes switch illumination) appears to run through F49 whcih is listed as F49- Audio System, Instrument Cluster, electric mirrors.

Last edited:

Hey, well I know its a simple thing to replace, but I was wondering if there are things I need to be aware of? Apart from making sure the engine hasn't been running to make it hot.

Any case, this is the part I'm replacing:

$_1.JPG

I think I've also blown a fuse though I cannot seem to find what I may need to replace on the fuse box diagram...

My interior lights for the heater etc aren't lit up.
I was googling for this, and someone mentioned removing and replacing F8 fuse
Which is:
3fc51f39de53413187ff96b60a8fbd9f.png

But I don't think its an heater blower :LOL:

Interior lights could be a blown set of bulbs - not uncommon
There tiny....
I've replaced all mine shortly after getting it for that reason - 2had popped
Also check all fuses - i believe the center console lights AND the numberplate light are all on the same section, so that when park lights and get me home lights are on - they aint wasting battery power :)

If i had todo replace those hoses - i'd be tempted to relocate the Bleed pipe to be higher up just because that way you have a MUCH better chance of getting the air out....
But that i'd need to test before really whole heartly recommending it...

Ziggy

Last edited:

Interior lights could be a blown set of bulbs - not uncommon
There tiny....
I've replaced all mine shortly after getting it for that reason - 2had popped
Also check all fuses - i believe the center console lights AND the numberplate light are all on the same section, so that when park lights and get me home lights are on - they aint wasting battery power :)

If i had todo replace those hoses - i'd be tempted to relocate the Bleed pipe to be higher up just because that way you have a MUCH better chance of getting the air out....
But that i'd need to test before really whole heartly recommending it...

Ziggy

Number plate lights run thru F51- Instrument Panel Illumination, number plate lights

Hey all, thanks for the response would have responded sooner but was at work :p

The reason being in me replacing the hose is down to the bleed valve being bodged with a bolt (10mm)
I was trying to bleed out any air in it, obviously waiting until water started to come then when I went to tighten it back up the whole thing just flew off :LOL: Luckily it didn't rip any threads.

When I went to check online in bleeding it, I noticed that all pictures shown had that what's being showed at the moment.

Does anyone know of what stuff to replace the coolant with? As I'm sure its all gone lol

More coolant would be good.:eek:
Pink stuff 5 years blue stuff 2 years, me pink stuff change after 2 years:D
If you're HG lasts that long.

Last edited:
More coolant would be good.:eek:
Pink stuff 5 years blue stuff 2 years, me pink stuff change after 2 years:D
If you're HG lasts that long.
Aye, this was pink stuff that came out :LOL:

Just checked my fuse box inside at the side of the steering wheel, and the ones suggested 7.5 amps seem to be alright so its gotta be a blown bulb.

Any case, thanks all for the help! :)

Back