General Replacemet key cost ?

Currently reading:
General Replacemet key cost ?

Cycle Guy

Just a quick question to find out what I should expect to pay for a spare key to be supplied cut and programed for a 2010 motorhome key ?

The answer depends on whose services you employ, and your precise requirements. Do you want a clone of a key, or do you require a separately coded key? For the latter and using Fiat Professional services, the cost would probably be several hundred pounds. I would like to be proved wrong.

The answer depends on whose services you employ, and your precise requirements. Do you want a clone of a key, or do you require a separately coded key? For the latter and using Fiat Professional services, the cost would probably be several hundred pounds. I would like to be proved wrong.
I require a new complete key that will serve as a fully functioning key as I only have one key for my van

I require a new complete key that will serve as a fully functioning key as I only have one key for my van
There’s a few listed on eBay that can do fiats from £100-150…I then look up the companies on google/Ecosia/DuckDuckGo and look at their reviews

A basic coded key Could be £60/£80

A Remote key will be £120/£150

Fiat tend to be £250/£300

Often the code is accessible by the locksmith via the OBD port

If FIAT have to supply it, A4 printout.. It changes on dealer policy ranging from £10 to £40

Often the code is accessible by the locksmith via the OBD port

If FIAT have to supply it, A4 printout.. It changes on dealer policy ranging from £10 to £40
If you have the key code card issued by fiat when the vehicle was new, with the electronic code and mechanical code, is it sufficient to enable either or both non remote keys or remote keys to be produced by a locksmith? Is access to the vehicle required?

At Timpson a Grande Punto remote key is £159 and a non remote one is £79.
Thanks for firming up my estimate 👍

My son bought as Peugeot with only 1 key,

I bought a dead Peugeot key of the same series on Ebay for @30,

A local LOCKSMITH
Swapped chip, cut a new blade and recoded the 2 keys for £80

(you need all your keys present, anything not here will be deleted..) 😉

Thanks for firming up my estimate 👍

My son bought as Peugeot with only 1 key,

I bought a dead Peugeot key of the same series on Ebay for @30,

A local LOCKSMITH
Swapped chip, cut a new blade and recoded the 2 keys for £80

(you need all your keys present, anything not here will be deleted..) 😉

I have two Grande Puntos, both of which only have their remote key. So i've been considering getting a second non-remote key for each of them, but even at £79, its still a bit rich for me. I like the idea of using Timpson because they're a national chain and would likely be reliable and return if they stuff up etc.

I have two Grande Puntos, both of which only have their remote key. So i've been considering getting a second non-remote key for each of them, but even at £79, its still a bit rich for me. I like the idea of using Timpson because they're a national chain and would likely be reliable and return if they stuff up etc.

My sons Grande only had a remote key, so my local locksmith built a clone basic key for £40

Factory issue of 2008 and 2012 for reference 🙂
20200916_181016.jpg

I am becoming confused here. To my mind there are three types of key.

1. A basic mechanical key, which will open the doors and turn the ignition switch.
2. A chipped key which will be able to start the engine.
3. A remote key which can operate the central locking and alarm. This will also contain a code chip and so be able to start the engine.

Also I thought that the immobiliser key code was stored in the BCM, or the code receiver in earlier models. These items also exchange coded messages with the ECU.

Informative comments invited.

I am becoming confused here. To my mind there are three types of key.

1. A basic mechanical key, which will open the doors and turn the ignition switch.
2. A chipped key which will be able to start the engine.
3. A remote key which can operate the central locking and alarm. This will also contain a code chip and so be able to start the engine.

Also I thought that the immobiliser key code was stored in the BCM, or the code receiver in earlier models. These items also exchange coded messages with the ECU.

Informative comments invited.
That is my basic understanding though I have had basic keys cut and chip programed by lock smiths using lap top for around the £60 mark but supplied other keys at same time and when finished checked all worked starting vehicle although not remote at that price.

Back