Panda Replacement Sun visior

Currently reading:
Panda Replacement Sun visior

I am sorry our local yard has cleared his old Panda stock and has only 1 312. Apparently he keeps getting 169's in but says they are all to goo so he fixes and sells them as the demand is so strong. He also said he believes the Panda and some Puntos have same visors. I will keep an eye on whats in stock. I will also find out if the visors are the same in the next week or so.
Thank you
Very grateful

I am sorry our local yard has cleared his old Panda stock and has only 1 312. Apparently he keeps getting 169's in but says they are all to goo so he fixes and sells them as the demand is so strong. He also said he believes the Panda and some Puntos have same visors. I will keep an eye on whats in stock. I will also find out if the visors are the same in the next week or so.
The demand for good older cars is indeed very high especially these days
Grateful for your help

Grateful for your help
Thanks very much

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I have looked and they are different. I have heard Failsworth (I think) mentioned on here as a Fiat breaker (Leeds or Manchester area) and they do on line sales, You could Google breaking Fiat Panda there are usually lots!
Good tip - thanks
Hadn't thought of that option!

Thank you all for helping - why oh why should this be such a time consuming exercise to source a simple replacement part !

I used to live near Slough and relied on breakers to keep my charmingly unreliable Citroens going - there are quite a lot of yards clustered around the M25 between M4 & M40: West Drayton, Uxbridge, Iver. Maybe searching that area on yell.com and ringing around might yield a result?

I used to live near Slough and relied on breakers to keep my charmingly unreliable Citroens going - there are quite a lot of yards clustered around the M25 between M4 & M40: West Drayton, Uxbridge, Iver. Maybe searching that area on yell.com and ringing around might yield a result?
Thanks , will do

Thought I had already replied to your message
Thanks so much for your help
Im a Panda Nut.... You are welcome.. In the 70.s I needed a tan sun visor for a Renault 12 TS. It wasnt new and the visor had a plastic mpunt and hinge that broke. It took nearly 9 months to get this after nearly everyone at Renault had been involved they did search the parts warehouse in France and found the last available spare so I understand the frustration. I am sure Walmers will get a Panda 169 before long. As autumn approaches and teh sun still strong gets lower...

Short answer

I don’t know

It’s been asked before with no conclusion

I checked the part numbers and they are different.

However the clips have the same part numbers as the punto and 500

I think it quite likely that if the pitch between the mounting screws is the same they will fit. I think the. 500 visor is a smaller area and probably look better if swapped as a pair

What we need is someone with a 500 to measure the distance and if they are the same someone need to be the first to confirm

Someone on Facebook said they fitted. But if that’s reliable or even if they tried themselves, I don’t know

Im a Panda Nut.... You are welcome.. In the 70.s I needed a tan sun visor for a Renault 12 TS. It wasnt new and the visor had a plastic mpunt and hinge that broke. It took nearly 9 months to get this after nearly everyone at Renault had been involved they did search the parts warehouse in France and found the last available spare so I understand the frustration. I am sure Walmers will get a Panda 169 before long. As autumn approaches and teh sun still strong gets lower...

🤞

Any luck kind Sir ?
I am still looking
Thanks

Any luck kind Sir ?
I am still looking
Thanks
KI'm sorry I have not yet been to the second scrap yard but will see if I can get to them tomorrow. It could be another week as Im back in hospital in a couple of days. I am armed with a photo of our 169s visors so you never know.

KI'm sorry I have not yet been to the second scrap yard but will see if I can get to them tomorrow. It could be another week as Im back in hospital in a couple of days. I am armed with a photo of our 169s visors so you never know.
I thank you for your dedication and wish you all the best with your upcoming procedure

Grateful for your help

Thanks very much
Question. What colour is your visor, or would any do. If there is a different colour but pair available would this be a preference?

My one needing replacing is light grey , please see attached photo. However I would be grateful for any suitable replacement, a pair is a good idea
Thanks again 😊

Attachments

• 16628329827489001543852559222009.jpg
    16628329827489001543852559222009.jpg
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 31
The support peg can be fixed with a 10mm plumbing elbow (not pre-soldered). It will need a hole drilling though and a split pin to stop it spinning. If the two prongs on the end of the arm are broken you will need a new visor. They stop it drooping as you drive along.

The support peg can be fixed with a 10mm plumbing elbow (not pre-soldered). It will need a hole drilling though and a split pin to stop it spinning. If the two prongs on the end of the arm are broken you will need a new visor. They stop it drooping as you drive along.
Many thanks Dave for your reply

Back