Technical Replacement exhaust

Currently reading:
Technical Replacement exhaust

d4zzl3r

Hi everyone, any recommendations for a new exhaust please?

Who is the go-to supplier for a twin-air 105? Do all 500’s have the same exhaust?

Chrome oval tip.

TIA.

TBH.. thats not expensive for something that lasts 10 years
That depend on how long you will keep it for. I had a aftermarket SS Peco acoustic boom exhaust on a Mk1 Punto 60 (that I purchased second hand from eboo for £65 that outlasted both my Punto and the Punto Turbo it came from) the exhaust was a Cat back full item. It had a transferable 25 year non perforation (from the inside - out) it was a bit bashed (after countless rubber failures of its mounts.)
Until I put large wormdrive clamps around the rubbers.

I also had a 54 plate Stilo with a hand built SS exhaust that lasted from 1998 - 2018 and that's probably either lying in a ditch attached to another Stilo. Or not rusting away with the galvanized body in a scrap yard .

If your keeping your car for a while, it should last longer than the car it's on.

As both the Punto and Stilo exhausts were roll formed from Marine SS. And anything Marine is soaked in salt water. So it built to last.

So check with the supplier if the SS in their exhaust is Marine SS. As normal SS lasts say 10 years. Marine, a lifetime I.e. fifty years

Not that your car would last (and would still be usable) in fifty years.

Back