General Replaced Battery in Key - Car Keeps Unlocking/locking multiple times while driving - 69 Reg

Currently reading:
General Replaced Battery in Key - Car Keeps Unlocking/locking multiple times while driving - 69 Reg

PatrickW1907

Hi All,

I wondered if anyone had any advice for the following.

My key fob stopped working due to dead battery. (Worked fine before battery died).

Replaced the battery and the car unlocks and locks when ether button is pushed.

When I am driving with the key fob (main key) the car keeps unlocking/locking but I am not sure why the only change is changing the battery int he fob. Its a 2032 3v battery exactly as it was before. I'm thinking maybe a bit of dirt or something inside the key perhaps ? Or perhaps its because I haven't bought a big brand battery replacement i.e. Duracell/Panasonic. The make is LiCB so maybe the quality of the battery is causing issues. The reviews were very good on amazon and specifically said for car key fobs. I also checked if the battery was loose.

I used the spare key (manual locking and unlocking) this morning. The car was fine and did not unlock/lock while I was driving.

I'm not ruling out reprogramming but it's as if the key is sensitive while driving to cause it to unlock/lock i did test it by giving it a little whack to see if it did anything and over bumps etc but the locking and unlocking of the fiat while driving has no pattern.

Appreciate any advice this forum can give on how to fix this issue.

Hi All,

I wondered if anyone had any advice for the following.

My key fob stopped working due to dead battery. (Worked fine before battery died).

Replaced the battery and the car unlocks and locks when ether button is pushed.

When I am driving with the key fob (main key) the car keeps unlocking/locking but I am not sure why the only change is changing the battery int he fob. Its a 2032 3v battery exactly as it was before. I'm thinking maybe a bit of dirt or something inside the key perhaps ? Or perhaps its because I haven't bought a big brand battery replacement i.e. Duracell/Panasonic. The make is LiCB so maybe the quality of the battery is causing issues. The reviews were very good on amazon and specifically said for car key fobs. I also checked if the battery was loose.

I used the spare key (manual locking and unlocking) this morning. The car was fine and did not unlock/lock while I was driving.

I'm not ruling out reprogramming but it's as if the key is sensitive while driving to cause it to unlock/lock i did test it by giving it a little whack to see if it did anything and over bumps etc but the locking and unlocking of the fiat while driving has no pattern.

Appreciate any advice this forum can give on how to fix this issue.

Hi :)

Did the battery carrier just SlideOut..
Or did you have to disassemble the body of the key?

If you disturbed the button carrier..or PCB I could see potential for your issue

Quality of the battery is unlikely to be the issue..
Something.. is triggering the 'ButtonPressed' signal

Back