Punto 2012+ Repeated engine management light

Currently reading:
Punto 2012+ Repeated engine management light

diddydee

Hi all I've got a 2014 1.2 fiat Punto that to be honest is doing my head in I keep getting an eml come on
When the car is idling more than when it's driving the last time it came on I was parked with the car idling when the light flashed on and the revs went to 20000 by themselves tried pressing accelerator and got know response turned engine off restarted and drove home immediately when back I left it idling and with in 30 seconds revs raised again plugged it into diagnostic came back with codes p01062-62 air leak in intake manifold signal compare failure alongside inlet manifold pressure sensor circuit short to ground or open p0105-14 and finally p0443-13 purge canister valve circuit open anybody experienced similar issues and how they rectified I have attached a picture of fault codes any advice would be great thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20230320_093628.jpg
    IMG_20230320_093628.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 130
Yep had similar with the Panda 1.2

I had the dealer sort it and it cost a fortune. It required a purge valve solenoid and an evapouration cannister. Laso required the MAP sensor to be cleaned and the crankcase breather hose and flame arrester to be cleaned. These parts can be had from non Fiat suppliers like Shop4parts and its not beyond a home mechanic to replace them. You will need MES to clear faults. The inlet manifold leak message is computer babble because it doesnt know better. The delaers system actually pointed to these parts. These fixed my car but it failed again a year later. Dealer sorted that under warranty. I have since fitted catch cans to the crank case breather and have not had any issues since, Faults appear to be condensation related. Fiat wanter over £300 just for bits. Cars been fine for 2 years now. Catch can removes a lot of water which no longer goes back into the intake manifold. In my view this was £25 well spent.

Thanks your response I'll see how much the daylight robbers want to pinpoint the exact fault or possibly faults I wouldn't mind but the cars been serviced regularly and only done 68k but it's driving me mad and the amount of fuel it's going through is nuts but thanks again appreciated

The air leak code is often caused by a faulty evap canister solenoid valve (connected to blue pipe at inlet manifold)
Have you caused the other codes by unplugging connectors at engine?

I suggest you replace the evap solenoid valve yourself , delete the codes and see what comes back.

The air leak code is often caused by a faulty evap canister solenoid valve (connected to blue pipe at inlet manifold)
Have you caused the other codes by unplugging connectors at engine?

I suggest you replace the evap solenoid valve yourself , delete the codes and see what comes back.
Is that the part with the metal clip that holds it in place by the throttle body? I unplugged the blue pipeon the opposite side by the map senso ronce and that knocked the light off tried again once it came back on a few days later and got all the codes I will try replacing that solenoid and see what happens thanks for your reply I'll keep your posted thanks again

Back