General removing the aerial

Currently reading:
General removing the aerial

puntomadboy

Banned
anyone know how to remove a standard aerial of a mk1...:confused:

it is now starting to bend and iam getting bad reception on the radio...
got my self a bee-sting aerial, a little smaller then the standard one but bettr looking....:p

Last edited:
yeah take the interior light out to get to the bottom of it stops it wobbling around when you remove it, i replaced mine not so long ago. It did i at midnight just to make it hard for myself so i couldnt see....not recommended lol its on fine though! :p

i have just tried un screwing it, but it aint moving... i even tried using pliers but no go...

any ideas

indeed, you dont need much effort to undo them.

remember, generally, its righty tighty, lefty loosey.

i did try to un screw them but if i did any more force then i would end up breaking it....:(

it seems to be connected really well... i will try a bit more force next time....

I had the same problem, i couldn't remove the aerial so i got some pliers on it but i actually broke the aerial mount where the aerial screws into so now i have no aerial or radio reception. Does any one know where i can get a new one or how i can fix this problem?

i replaced my aerial few days ago. Mines an mk2 but its still the same up there, my mums got an mk1 and hers was hard to get off as well.

What you have to do is get the biggest pair of plyers you've seen. I tried human muscle, didn't work, tried some ordinary plyers, didnt work, then found some big ones in my dads toolbox and that seemed to do the trick. It ruined the aerial when turning as i had to use some effort and grip but eventually, itll come off. I was afraid id ruin sumit else but it came off, and make sure you turn it to the left lol, i mistakenly at the begining was turning it to the right so basically was tightening it even more lol

remove the entine aerial clamp one end and twist the other ensuring you don't break the mountain.

if you dont want the old melt away the plastic and weld a bit on to get better grip :)
not tried the welding bit tho

Back