Technical Removing steering colum cover

Currently reading:
Technical Removing steering colum cover

hey i need to remove my steering column cover and the underneath of the column to get a live feed for my stereo, how do i do get it off? ive removed three screws holding it on but i can't get it past the lever that ajusts the steering wheel position? any ideas?

cheers

open the leaver and pull the column forward as far as it will go.

I did it also but I can't dismount bottom part of cover. It seems that there are some mounting to upper part.
Any ideas what to do next?

i got mine off, i first undid three screws on the botom cover, then at both stalks i but my finger in under the rubber gaters and pulled down, this uncliped a clip either side, and then grab the bottom cover each side using the newly created openning and pulled it down again to unclip a further one clip both sides. THen this was the hard part, i left the steering wheel adjuster lever in the locked possition (so te lever is at its lowest poin) then a basically fought with the blastic cover to get the cover in a possition so it could be pulled left, sliding the lever through the gap. However I havn't put the cover back on yet and don't think its going to be easy getting back over the lever.

Last edited:
right im only after doing this again, there is 3 3mm allen head screws holding it on. two above handle and one behind it, remove these all, no unclip the top cover from the bottom on. these are held together by two thin clips and one circular pin at each side. just a small bit of pressure pulling from the back foward should do this. now move the bottom cover so that it is completly free on obstacles apart from handle. move handle toward you, about 80%, not the whole way, now lower the cover the with your other hand push the handle to the left and try and pull the cover to the right, this isnt that hard really, just a bit awkward. the dash is in the way of the whole cover moving so you have to use the plastics limited flexibility to get round the handle. once that is done the cover is free. now you will have to refit it and that is just as much fun :) lol

Back