Technical Removing inner track rod

Currently reading:
Technical Removing inner track rod

I have a snapped inner track rod. Have ordered a hew inner and outer track rod track rod end, gaitor etc but I’m wondering whether there’s a special tool on the 500 to undo the end into the rack?

I’ve done a YouTube search but only generic videos, nothing specific to the 500.

Anyone done this that can point me in the right direction on how to do this?

I used a track rod removal tool.
Plenty of choice on amazon etc make sure the range is a minimum of 32mm the one on the 500 is about 35mm.
Got to get that tool as well. My uncle snapped the inner track rod on his newly acquired 500. I'll just finish installing the suspension and dick cepek tires plus the alignment on the current truck project before I can work on it . Hope the tool will arrive by then.

Got to get that tool as well. My uncle snapped the inner track rod on his newly acquired 500. I'll just finish installing the suspension and dick cepek tires plus the alignment on the current truck project before I can work on it . Hope the tool will arrive by then.

My tool came from Amazon a couple of days ago but haven’t attempted it yet. Hopefully will get to it at the weekend.

Back