Technical Removing Front Passenger Seat - Connecting Wires

Currently reading:
Technical Removing Front Passenger Seat - Connecting Wires

timthemod

Newbie here so be gentle😂

I have a 2012 Doblo and I want to remove the front passenger seat out, but there are some wires attached to the base of the seat and what looks like a junction box of sorts where they disconnect. I assume these wires are perhaps for the 'airbag'. If I unplug them is there going to be an issue especially with a dashboard indicating light or similar?

Thanks

Newbie here so be gentle😂

I have a 2012 Doblo and I want to remove the front passenger seat out, but there are some wires attached to the base of the seat and what looks like a junction box of sorts where they disconnect. I assume these wires are perhaps for the 'airbag'. If I unplug them is there going to be an issue especially with a dashboard indicating light or similar?

Thanks
There could be. Be sure to unplug the battery for at least 30 minutes before disconnecting the cable to ensure the system is fully discharged. Also, ensure that you don't put the key in the ignition while the battery is out. Have had a few issues in the past doing that.

Upon reassembly, ensure the connectors are all clear and plugged in properly. All stated should prevent an airbag light.

All the best!

There could be. Be sure to unplug the battery for at least 30 minutes before disconnecting the cable to ensure the system is fully discharged. Also, ensure that you don't put the key in the ignition while the battery is out. Have had a few issues in the past doing that.

Upon reassembly, ensure the connectors are all clear and plugged in properly. All stated should prevent an airbag light.

All the best!
Totally agree. My understanding is that airbags are "fired" by electricity stored in capacitors. Capacitors are not good at storing electric charge for extended periods of time which is why most manufacturers recommend at least a half hour with the battery disconnected before "fiddling" in any way with airbags and associated circuitry. Probably extreme but I prefer to leave it over night if possible. Often many dashboard lights will illuminate after a battery has been disconnected but don't panic. Most, if not all, will go out again after a couple of miles of driving. Sometimes you'll need to operate electric windows over full range to let it relearn the parameters and sometimes, especially if an aftermarket unit has been fitted, you'll need to recode the radio although our Fiats seem to remember the original fitment. Different makes of cars have different wee "foibles"

Yes, keep the key away from the ignition switch and it's associated immobilizer pickup. I'm especially aware of this having worked on our Jazz which, if the key is left in the ignition whilst disconnecting or reconnecting the battery is very likely to corrupt the encryption between key and car necessitating an expensive visit to the Honda main agent to get the whole sorry mess reprogrammed! Some vehicles you'll get away with it but I don't know which ones so I just make sure keys are always on my workbench in the back of the garage. This helps too if it trips the door locks and locks you out of the car!

Last edited:
Back