General Remove radio

Currently reading:
General Remove radio

MatsEkelund

Hi
I just bought a 2006 Strada and disconnected the battery during a service. Now the radio requests a code. I then have to take the radio out to access the serial number but can't figure out how to do that.
Hope those of you who have more experience with FIAT know how to do it. I am extremely grateful for any advice you can give me.

Attachments

• IMG_0756.jpeg
    IMG_0756.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 138
Your Fiat dealer may be able to help locate the serial number if required. It should be listed on their computer system against your cars VIN / registration numbers. Probably worth asking before trying to get that radio out. Have a really good look through the hand books for a radio code card. Dealer will get the code but might need proof of ownership first. I have found them fairly helpful reagsrding these things. You can get a cheap USB camera these days that might be able to read the code if you can push it up from underneath. They are really quite good for this sort of thing.

Your Fiat dealer may be able to help locate the serial number if required. It should be listed on their computer system against your cars VIN / registration numbers. Probably worth asking before trying to get that radio out. Have a really good look through the hand books for a radio code card. Dealer will get the code but might need proof of ownership first. I have found them fairly helpful reagsrding these things. You can get a cheap USB camera these days that might be able to read the code if you can push it up from underneath. They are really quite good for this sort of thing.
Thanks "The Panda Nut" for your reply.
I have already contacted my service workshop but unfortunately they did not succeed. Don't know if it was the will or the knowledge that was missing.
I live on an island and there is only one authorized workshop here. I might try one on the mainland. Good idea with the camera, will see if I'm lucky and can access the radio.

Back