remote wire??ignition?

Currently reading:
remote wire??ignition?

thegreatone

ok i got a fiat punbto R reg i know quiet a few people have had this problem and ive looked through all 12 pages of the ice forum and have a bit of a better idea but what i want to know is ,if u cant find the remote wire (switches stereo and amp on off with ignition) where else u can take it from i tried cigerate lighter but thats continuos as well ive tested all the wires on the loom in the car itself found the 2 continuos and obviously the earth(ground) and theres 2 other wires on it but i tested it and it definatly dont seem to be ignation wire or remote switch. any help on this matter would be great thanx

You should have a remote wire from the back of your headunit.. not sure if there is a remote wire out the back of the standard head unit though if that is what your using.

NewSig.jpg

no sorry u miss understood me i have the wire coming from the stereo for the remote but because i have 2 perm feeds coming into the car from the wiring loom that was allready in the car its turning my remote wire on the stereo into perm feed so stereo stays on and amp when the ignition is off,i can not find any where on the wiring loom that is in the car of a ignition switch wire.

yeah because there isnt one for the stereo in the cars wiring loom any where i checked and checked all i have is ground and to 12v one yellow one red i was gonna try getting it from the fan switches but that seems a big mission just wondering if im missing anything any where

just run a wire from the live of anything that is an ignition only live to the power wire of the stereo.keep the 12v feed to retain the memory,and cut the 12v main power and connect that to your ignition live.its a Fiat thing that the stereo has constant power

The Fiat Cinquecento
Fun While It Runs

lol yeah i know that but im asking where i get this wire from whats the easyist way to get to one the only one i can see at the min is the fan switchs cause they only work when ignition is on and what colour the wire is would be a great help to cheers

shouldnt go cutting/joining any wires just by colour (they can change through production) get a cheap multimeter off ebay and you can find any wire you need.one of the punto guys may help in the short(no pun intended) term but as a rule always use a meter.

The Fiat Cinquecento
Fun While It Runs

Back