Remote Start Alarm (97cinq)

Currently reading:
Remote Start Alarm (97cinq)

goona

I bought this alarm aprox 18 months ago of ebay originally for just the alarm and remote central locking.
Ive recently installed a an uncoded chip to the ecu so thought i'd wire up the rest of the alarm ei: imobilizer and remote start, anyway i wired the imobilizer all working fine even the anti hijack works now. Next was the remote start, I followed the instalation manual as best as i could , even had the haynes manual out following the wiring diagrams in their but im having a problem with it.

Ive managed to get the remote start working (sort ov..), the car will start but it seems to keep trying to start every 15 seconds or so like its on a loop Whilst the engine is already running. Is their any way of fixing this so it works properly? (ive disconnected it for now,Dont fancy burning my starter motor out)

I dont know what make the alarm is the box just says PLC Auto Systems.
The car is a 97 cinq sporting if that helps
Link to alarm info on ebay :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-WAY-LCD-PAGER-REMOTE-START-CAR-ALARM-CENTRAL-LOCKING_W0QQitemZ150328312246QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item23004401b6&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30

Hope some1 can help with this .. Thanks

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
is there a wire on the alarm you havent connected, check its colour with the wiring diagram if you have one, it will say on the wiring diagram where it should go, it should say it needs to be connected to either a wire coming off the alternator (charge indicator light) or the oil pressure sensor (wire coming from the oil filter)

Yes their is m8 , thats the wire that i got slightly confused about it gave me three options ie:
ignition induction wire , Oil induction wire (+) and Alternator induction wire (+) But in the wiring diagram for the alarm the same wire also viers of to the coil aswell but not saying wich wire it goes to on the coils..

Thanks

i've got a different remote start alarm but i think you ignore the coil wiring, you only wire to the coil if you aren't gonna wire up remote start, try wiring like i said to the oil pressure or charge light and fire up the engine from the remote and see if it works, once its fired up using the remote start the indicators should flash to tell u its started

thanks for that i'll go and give it a go now and see if thats wot the problem is ..

No still not working right. Doing the same thing keeps trying to start the car even though its already started. (confused...)

Ive attached a photo of the remote start installation manual (part)
I think i may have one of the other 5 wires wrong someware.

the other five wires are(Following the insall manual):

Yellow goes to STR > Cinq Brown (I connect to)
Brown goes to ON > Cinq Orange ""
Brown goes to ON > Cinq Orange ""
Blue Goes to ACC > Cinq Red
Red (Fused) goes to +Live

all wired to ignition and ofcourse their is the Purple wire wich is shown in the attachment
any help is appreciated thanks

Attachments

• DSC00139.JPG
    DSC00139.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 41
I wired it to the oil switch at the side of the oil filter (didnt work) then to the Alternator (thin Black wire) that didnt work either , I have no idea ware the ignition induction wire is (never heard of it) so i havnt tryd that one

ignition induction would be going into the coil pack, i'm sure that purple wire's the one that should solve your problem, i think its the same colour in my alarm, works on both the oil pressure and alternator wire, if it was easier for me i'd take it off mine and try it but the sound of the starter is cringeworthy when the engines already fired up :eek:

I dont know what is wrong with it, i've reconected everything up and tryd all three options with the purple wire but no change. its got me stumped..

thanks

Right. What have you connected it to?

Needs a +ve feed to stop it from starting.

When I wired it upto one of our Panda's (same ECU set-up as your cinq) I connected the wire to a constant +ve feed.

Ment it only done one start up, and upon failing to start just sat there until re-started with remote.

Was the easiest thing and it never really failed to start at all so wasn't a problem. (y)

Jon.

Thanks for that ..I'll give that a go tomorrow and let you know what happens ..

Nope that didnt work.. just sent the starter motor into overdrive and had to pull the plug on the remote start option on the alarm to get the starter motor to stop ..

I must have it wired wrong someware.. just not sure ware tho.

thanks

Back