Technical Remote key window opening/closing feature

Currently reading:
Technical Remote key window opening/closing feature

Hi all
Does anyone know how to enabled the remote window opening and closing feature ??

Mine had the feature for a month or 2, then after I use MES to cleAr some error code, I can no longer open my windows via the remote.

Anyone??

TIA

Did you have the battery leads/ground off ? I assume you did.
I also assume the automatic windows down/up after a >2 second long button push no longer works.

You need to do the windows positions relearn procedure (this has to be done for each window using the buttons on the door):
-Engine on
-Press the windows down button (keep pressing 3-5 seconds after it goes all the way down)
-Press/pull the window up button (keep pressing 3-5 seconds after it goes all the way up)

Turn engine off (not really sure it's necessary... but couldn't hurt)

This procedure needs to be carried out every time the battery is disconnected.

After this your windows should roll down/up with long press on the unlock /lock button on the remote (mine doesn't work if the key is close to the ignition).

My system is pretty random anyway. I get a bit fed up finding a window wide open after using the feature. I curse him and accuse him of having an Italian day, and it works perfectly for weeks before doing it again........

Mine does it sometimes.. it's got to do with a safety feature: once the window encounters enough resistance it goes down.. so idiots can't get their heads chopped off by the window.

Cleaning the windows slides/rubbers, will help with this..

I ran thru my MES and played with a fee options on the body control module.

The window opening/closing via remote seems to be linked with the option "sunroof"
Disable or enabled, my sunroof can still be opened by the button in the cabin.
When "sunroof" disabled, the windows don't open via the long press OK the remote, but when "enabled" it does..

Not sure if it's the correct module to enables but it's seems to work..

Back